Home Buying in Kimballton>Question Details

Brigid Gore, Home Buyer in Connecticut

My husband and I are moving to Tn he is retired and I am a dog trainer. I am looking for a ranch or cottage type home with a basement & land.

Asked by Brigid Gore, Connecticut Sat Dec 25, 2010

I have 6 dogs and I need some space for them and I would love to be able to have a small (10 dogs) kennel for housing client dogs in for training. We are looking in the $75,000 or below range. I have no problem with cosmetics and some updating. However, I don't want a huge undertaking!!!

Answers

3
My father used to have a kennel, and I have 4 Welsh Corgis myself. Dogs are great!

Have you ascertained what part of TN you want to live? Also, will you be selling your house in CT in order to buy in TN? I am part of a dog rescue network around the united states so if you would like, I can contact some of my dog rescue friends in TN and ask them if they could suggest an area and/or Realtor for you. They have many animals with them constantly so if anybody would know where to go and who to use to help you, it would be one of them!

I'm licensed in CT so if I can be of any further assistance, let me know. I can be reached at elizabeth@elizabethherbert.com
WOW you need perhaps go to a rural area for fact many cities MAY have deed restrictions on the # of pet(s) you can or can't have ., dog training is a business.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 26, 2010
Brigid, I'm not sure what part of TN you are moving to, but you can start searching for homes that meet your needs by searching on sites such as Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow, etc. It would also help to have assistance from a local real estate expert when you get closer to making your move. You can search for agents on these sites as well. Here is a link to the Trulia real estate agent directory for TN. You can narrow down the search by area once you know what area you want to move to.