Atotero, Home Buyer in Santa Barbara, CA

My husband and I are moving from Los Angeles, CA to Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl. Would you recommend us looking at any condos? or stick to a single family.

Asked by Atotero, Santa Barbara, CA Thu Jul 25, 2013

Answers

14
Philip Markijohn’s answer
After living in a single family home in Ohio, I moved into my first condo in Ponte Vedra Beach about two years ago. What I enjoy most is the maintenance free life style. What I miss most about single family home living is having a garden, especially with the extended growing season in Florida.

Choosing a home is a personal choice that depends on your lifestyle. I would be happy to share my free professional advice with you to determine what would be your best fit. Ponte Vedra Beach is a great place to live with many condo or single family choices.

Call, text or email me.
330-717-7177 cell
904-701-7469 office
philipm113@gmail.com
-
-
can you give us a price range, 200k, 500k, 1 mil?
Wow Thanks everyone for helping with my question. We will be in Ponte Vedra soon and will get back to you if we need further help finding our new home!
My suggestion would be to look at the different areas for Condos and the many wonderful neighborhoods in Ponte Vedra Bch, and find out where you feel comfortable. Gated communties, Golf Club communities, ungated communities, we have such a diverse area that shares the Atlantic Ocean, the intracoastal and many wonderful areas that you may enjoy depending on your lifestyle. It is truly a piece of paradise. I have lived here for 20 years coming from Ohio through S. Florida, and this is the best! I would be happy to provide information on many of these locations at your request, and price range of course. Kindest Regards, Sue Hollis. 904-616-2681
Flag Sun Oct 20, 2013
Dear Atotero,

You have chosen a wonderful area to move! We think you will really enjoy Ponte Vedra Beach. There are benefits to either option.

If you're not certain, the best thing to do is to view properties in person to better experience what the reality is of each lifestyle and the value you'll get in this area. Condos do have association fees, but those usually include property insurance for the exterior of your home, monies for exterior maintenance like roof repairs/replacement, and of course yard maintenance; expenses you also incur with a single family home but are paid for directly by you vs. through association fees.

When are you looking to move?

My husband and I are very familiar with the Ponte Vedra area and work as a team to provide more value for your real estate needs. Please call us directly at 904-444-9710 with additional questions.

Kevin and Celeste Hart
-
-
I own all three, townhomes, condo and single family and for appreciation, ease and best terms on current and future financing, I know for a FACT its best to buy a free standing, detached single family home!

See programs #3, #4, #5, and #7 below, then contact me to talk about how to minimize payments and reduce out of pocket costs.

1) 100% LTV- VA / (VA Jumbo @ lower ltv)
2) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too
3) 99% LTV- FHA / (FHA to 580 score @ lower ltv)

4) 97% LTV- No monthly MI-No FHA 1.75% Fee
5) 95% LTV- CONDO
6) 90% LTV- No PMI -2nd Home
7) 90% LTV- JUMBO
8) 85% LTV- No PMI - Super Jumbo
9) 80% LTV- Invest./Rental
10) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals

--------STATED INCOME ALT up to Super Jumbo-----------
http://www.StatedIncomeALT.com
11) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
12) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
13) 75% CLTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
14) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money
15) LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS
16) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-available nationwide

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
Thank you Steve.. you really helped answer our question. Seems like buying a detached single family home is the way to go!
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
The single family home will rise in value faster than a condo. You will also get a lot more for your money than you would in L.A.

Mark Greenwell
904-571-3390
This really depends on your lifestyle choices. There is a huge difference in privacy, personal space available, price. There is a large selection of homes in PVB, ranging from $300,000 and up. Condos can be purchased for the $200s and up. I am making an assumption on the price range you are interested in. There are also some lower priced homes & condos. Leah and I lived in CA for 30 years and made the move back to FL in 2005. We grew up in FL. If we can help you I any way, please let us know.
It depends on your life style. Condos provide a less complicated style. In addition an ocean front condo prrovides a less expensive way of enjoying the ocean and beach...While single family has more personal maintenance it also provides a greater sense of "home".

There are plenty of each type of residence.

What is your price range?
they are both great options right now! I have a very cute home in sawgrass right now for sakle, or I can definitly help you find one!!!! My name is Hallie Satkoff, and I work for Watson Realty. Give me a call! 904-318-6367
There are many very nice condo communities but inventory and resales are hard to find. Single family homes are more prevalant and a variety of neighborhoods both gated, ungated in this upscale beaches community. Ponte Vedra is on a barrier island east of the Intracoastal along the Atlantic Ocean. Moderate climate, great restaurants, fine arts & culture to enjoy. Please let me know how I can help. Experienced agent. Thanks for your inquiry.

Kindest Regards,
Sue Hollis. Realtor
Watson Realty Corp
904-616-2681
I lived in Los Angeles for 10 years and have been in Jacksonville for 15. I would love to show you around.

The Condo House question depends alot on your price range. Ponte Vedra is one of our most expensive area of town. Homes are expensive whereas you can still get reasonably priced condos.

Please call to talk. I work as a Buyers Agent. The service is free but my job is to look out for your interest and try to get the price as low as possible.

What part of LA where you in?
Good Evening!

Great question...there are advantages and disadvantages of each and only you can know what’s right for you.

Give consideration to the following:

Location – Where do you want to be? Are there options for both condos and single-family houses in this area?

Privacy – Is it important to you to have complete privacy or do you find close neighbors to be a comfort?

Responsibility – Do you need total control over decisions affecting your home or are you attracted to the idea of sharing decision-making with your neighbors?

Maintenance – Are you a homebody who enjoys getting dirty in the yard or are you delighted with the idea of never having to cut a blade of grass again?

Budget – How much do you have to spend? Depending on where you want to live, a condo may be the only option that meets your budget.

If you would like, I could email you a list of Condo's in the Ponte Vedra Beach Area? You can email me at cnssells@gmail.com.

Christina "Nikki" Stevens 904-710-3758

http://www.nikkistevensgroup.com
Hi Condo Loans are more difficult to get. It depends on which community n PV
and of course your price range Good Luck with your property search
Depends on your lifestyle! Fees for condos are high, but if you prefer beaching it and being active than doing yard work...it's a great way to go!
Web Reference: http://www.TheHayesTeam.com