Home Buying in Inverness>Question Details

Phyllis  Mar…, Home Buyer in Dunnellon, FL

My husband and I are looking to rent a home with option to buy when our house sells, are there any such options in Inverness at this time?

Asked by Phyllis Martin, Dunnellon, FL Sun Feb 23, 2014

Answers

2
Phyllis,

Rent with an option to buy does not offer you as much protection as a land contract, seller’s lien, contract-for-deed, whatever it is called in your area. If the seller is willing to do a lease option and not a contract for deed, why? If you are just trying to call a lease something other than it is for some reason, how much extra are you willing to cough up?

My #1 rule regarding timelines: Whatever you think the timeline is, double or triple it for safety.
I linked you some info below about lease options.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Yes, there a nice one in the back of the highlands. I can send u a link to the home of you want.
Katie Spires 352-212-3673
Email: kjspires@gmail.com
Coldwell Banker Investors Realty