Home Buying in Jackson>Question Details

Twidmark, Home Buyer in Jackson, MI

My husband and I are looking to get into a house, the problem is that he filed bankruptcy about a year and a half ago. We wouldn't mind doing a

Asked by Twidmark, Jackson, MI Mon Jan 10, 2011

land contract. Are there any houses right now that have that option?

Answers

9
Twidmark,

There are land contracts out there! don't forget that some offer the land contract and you have to refinance in 3 years when it is short term will you be able to fulfill that contract with that on your record. Just make sure the terms and financing are terms you are able to live with when the balloon or option comes up.

Vera
Twidmark,

You've already got some good answers. Let me know if you need some personized help finding a land contract home. I helped a tremenous amount of people last year purchase this way and can help you as well. Last checked, there were about 97 homes with the possibility of land contracts.

Here for you,

Real Estate Doug
Doug Beiswanger, e-Pro, Agent
ERA Reardon Realty
910 N West Ave
Jackson, MI 49202
517-914-9555 or 877-644-6506
Doug@RealEstateDoug.com
For a complete, up to date list of all land contracts available in the Jackson Area, just visit http://www.productionrealty.com/buyers/landcontractlistings.html This is a free list. We handle lots of land contracts, so don't hesitate to give us a call. Thanks, -Ben

Production Realty, Headquartered in Jackson, MI. 517-879-4141.
Have you thought about purchasing a Manufacture Home? I work for a real estate company that owns manufactured home communities, 1 is located in jackson MI (Cozy Community). This is a great way to get back on track. We do our own financing and you will find that we are more flexible than any banks. Our terms are much more affordable as well. We do check your credit but we take a detailed look at it and not just your score. You could rent to own with a low down payment of $2-3,000 and financed monthly payments of $650-700/mo. This includes your lot rent, sewer, water, and trash!

Instead of paying that amount in renting an apartment, build your credit back and have something to show in the end... Your Own Home!

Cozy is a community located behind the Grande Golf Club. We have lots available that overlook the golf course. Cozy has a clubhouse with a pool, workout room, and banquet area. Reach me at 248-363-6111 or drsrealty@comcast.net for more info.
Web Reference: http://drsmhc.com
A year and a half is a decent amount of time since bankruptcy. Has it been discharged or realease? Has he been working to restore his credit? Only way to know is to speak directly with a mortgage broker or loan officer. Let me know if you need the name of someone.

Rent to own is not a great option (for buyers in my opinion) and rarely ever works.

Sally
sally.grenier@coloradohomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.sallygrenier.com
Good Morning Mr. & Mrs. Twidmark,

I can appreciate what you have been through. Land contracts today are more previlant due to the current market conditions. I would be more than happy to assist you in finding a home with land contract terms. Normally a land contract requires a down payment which includes a certain percentage rate, payment amount, & length of term for a balloon payoff. Can you tell me what terms may work for you? Please email or call me. The company I represent is Edward Surovell Realtors. We are very well known in south eastern Michigan. I appreciate the opportunity to help you. Thanks, Nathan LaZebnik
nlazebnik@surovell.com
(517)795-0296
As a Michigan licensed real estate professional I often work with families that have had a bankruptcy.
Here in the state many sellers/owners are aware that some of our citizens have credit that is not stellar.
With the high job turnover in the area, owners have found working with buyers using other criteria is important.
Many are willing to overlook bad credit scores. And also accept bankruptcy and foreclosure.

Buying a home with a land contract or a lease option makes it possible to buy a home from the owner.
A land contract or a lease option does involve an application process. References will be verified.
Your source of income may be confirmed. Your current housing record may be checked for the last 2 years.
Court records and other resources may be checked to see if you have ever been evicted.

For a list of homes available with land contract and lease option in SE Michigan, contact:

Chip Andis
Cell (248) 931-0084

Chip@Realfi.com

REALFi
REAL ESTATE AND FINANCE IN ONE
34 S. Telegraph Rd
Waterford, MI 48328
Office (248) 886-0000
Honestly, If he just filed for bankruptcy, he should not be able to buy a house. Rent a few years, rebuilt your credit and financial history, and then look at buying a house.
You find a very few homes that will offer owner financing (aka land contract aka rent to own). With interest rates so low those that could offer financing, and wish to sell, want to sell and buy something rather than wait and hope you will actually buy the house in a year or two. Everyone knows that those rent to own deals rarely work out and the owner will be stuck trying to sell the house in a year or two if you don't buy it.