Somer Bellamy, Home Buyer in Arizona

My husband and I are looking to buy our first home as a family. The only problem is we have less then perfect credit. Any advice?

Asked by Somer Bellamy, Arizona Sat Sep 15, 2012

San Tan Valley area homes, bad credit loans? Will we EVER own a home?

Answers

10
Marie Wagner’s answer
You may be surprised to know that you don't need perfect credit. I'd be happy to talk with you and see what we can do and go from there. A home of your own may be closer than you think. I see that you got a few responses and some hope and encouragement.

I have very flexible hours, although I was out of the office yesterday, Sunday. However, that is not always the case. It would be my pleasure to help you sort out your situation and make a plan for a great future.

Marie Wagner
623-703-8890
MarieWagner@Openmtg.com
Chat with a reputable lender. He/she will be able to tell you exactly what is available...and if your credit is not good enough, he will guide you through that to get you where you need to be.
Somer

We have two first time buyers under contract in San Tan Valley right now, the total out of pocket expenses for them will be under $1000 each. They are using two different programs but the end result will be the same: own a home and a minimum out of pocket. Neither had perfect credit, one needed some work to be completed during the process.

It is possible for you to accomplish the same and we are not charging either one for our services. Lets get you started on the same path.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
Hi Somer:

Thank you for taking the time to thank us!! Good luck!

Bill Parker
and we are looking in the San Tan Valley, Az area. im not sure why it says New York by my name... oops!
Thank you all so much for the advice! I actually feel a little better! most of our poor credit is years old, from when we were teens. but does include two evictions from past apartment complexs? other then that we dont have any bankrupcy or past due loans. We do both have a credit card maxed out right now, but we have a car loan we make on time payments with every month. I think we will contact a few of you and have a serious sit down. Im ready to make some roots and own a home my two daughters can grow up in. thank you all again!
Hi Somer,
As Bill is stating below, it is highly recommended that you talk to an experienced and knowledgeable lender. They will evaluate your situation and will provide you options.

Please call me if you'd like to see homes or would like a recommendation to a lender.

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
HomeSmart
Tel: (480) 966-9353 Fax: (602) 507-3703
3131 E. Camelback Rd. #125
Phoenix AZ 85016
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Much will depend on how less than perfect; however there are other factors besides credit that determine mortgage qualification, such as income, debt, etc.; therefore for a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer. If you don't yet qualifies, he/she may offer great suggestions as to what needs to be done. Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Hi Somer:

I do not believe it as bad out there as the national media would have us believe. I am closing purchase and refinance loans all the time. Is it easier if you have perfect credit, etc., of course.

Many times I find people fall into two camps--those whom believe their credit is soooo bad, but really is not, and those whom think they should get a loan as if it is owed to them, no matter how bad they have handled their past credit. I would much rather work with the former.

No one wants to get into a public discussion of their personal history, so I would suggest you call an Arizona licensed loan officer (LOOK FOR THEIR NMLS #, AS THIS SHOWS THEY HAVE PASSED THE BACKGROUND CHECK, THE NATIONAL AND STATE EXAMINATIONS, ETC.--any time we represent ourselves as a mortgage lender, we are required to display our NMLS #, so it should not be too hard) and discuss your total picture. Some people try to hide the not-so-good things--worst thing you can do. It will surface at some time in the process, so better to get it out there up front, to be dealt with now. Otherwise, it messes up the transaction eventually, after everyone involved has invested their time and possibly money.

Find someone you trust, then stick with them, as they are investing their time and expertise in helping you.

Bill Parker
602-565-3646
The best advise I can give is to work with a lender that can help you get on track to improve your credit score. With a bit of effort on your part, you can get your score raised so you do qualify for a loan. It won't be easy - but the reward of owning your own home will be worth the effort.

There are many qualified mortgage brokers that will assist you. One I refer clients to is Dawn Svoboda at Academy Mortgage. Why? Because she gets the job done!
Dawn Svoboda - 520-421-1171
Academy Mortgage

There are properties listed as seller carry. They do typically require a sizable down payment. And depending on your income, there are subsidized programs such as the NSP - Neighborhood Stabilization Program, that assists qualified individuals with a down payment and financing.

Bea Lueck
Coldwell Banker Rox Realty
520-509-1004