Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Stephanie We…, Renter in Houston, TX

My husband and I are looking to buy near downtown Houston. Budget $350 K. Is it possible to find a town home with a yard?

Asked by Stephanie Weimer, Houston, TX Tue Nov 13, 2012

Answers

23
I live near downtown and there are great townhome choices in the area in your price range. I can send you a few listing to look at and we can possibly search from there. Good luck on you search.and have Happy Thanksgiving.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
BTW Stephanie,

Did you and your husband ever purchase the house in Chicago or did your plans change?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 13, 2012
Yes you should be able to find a great town home for that price and area. Are you working with a real estate company or agent? If not please give me a call and I'll be happy to tell you about my broker services and then we can find your town home of your choice.

Anthony Taylor Realty
832-301-4841
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
I work the city. There is many townhomes getting constructed in the city. Lets' take a look.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com

I think you should get in touch with an agent who can help you out in searching a new home in your given choice of location.

http://www.experthousebuyer.com/
Hello Mrs Weimer, Oh yes your in luck there a few properties that will meet your requirements.
so when your ready to buy give me a call Maryena Gross 281-733-8424
Nice area and there are a lot of purchase opportunities in that price range good luck.
Hello Stephanie,

Great selection for an area to live and with a good price point to have. There are several neighborhoods that will provide you with good options for a townhome with some yard. The Rice Military/Washington Cooridor area, Montrose, Midtown and First Ward/Sawyer Heights areas. You will love living close to downtown. I have loved living in the Heights neighborhoods for the last 25 years. Access to the resturants, shopping, theatre district and more make it a wonderful place to live and a lot less driving. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your home search if you have not already made that decision. Please contact me if you should have

Respectfully,
Jeff Cox
Better Homes and Gardens Gary Greene
Cell 713-240-2044
Off 713-961-1722
1939 W. Gray
Hello Stephanie.
Your budget is reasonable for a home near Downtown Houston, I have recently sold 9 homes in the Houston Heights area and in Rice Military near Memorial Park. I specialize in close in neighborhoods and I work with buyers, sellers and builders. They will have small yards, but they are large enough for a small garden area or a pet.
Most are 3 story homes, but I have just sold a lovely 2 story 3bed 2.5 bath, new construction close to Downtown, inside the 610 loop which was still under construction. You must be able to make a very quick decision to purchase a home in this market. There is a great deal of competiton with other buyers for the type of property you are interested in buying.
If you have any questions,and are not currently working with a Realtor, feel free to contact me.
I wish you luck in your search.

Myra Ephross ABR,ASR,ALHS, CNE,CHMS
Prudential Fine Homes International*
Top Producer

Prudential Anderson Properties
711 East 11th Street
Houston, Texas 77008
281 650-9779 cell

* Fewer than 7% of over 70,000 Prudential Agents worldwide have this designation
In Houston, Texas I am the only Realtor with this Designation for the marketing and
sale of Luxury Homes.
Luxury Homes.
Hello Stephanie,

Looks like you have peaked our interest as Realtors®. I am a native Houstonian and know the areas well. Your budget is right in line to find a great town home. I built many of them on Nantucket and Potomac streets many years back. Many of the responses your have received focus on the size of the yard. Obviously, a town home by nature will not have a large yard, but most are adequate for enjoying the outside with friends or a great place for pets.

There are many great areas for those working downtown and I think my fellow agents have listed most of them. Houston is an active market so be prepared to move on the one you find. If it is a good listing for you, it will be for another buyer as well.

I would love to work with you if you are not already working with someone.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realty
http://www.yournewhomehouston.com
Hello Stephanie,

I think by now you have a good idea from my peers about what the possibilities are in the downtown area. I did check a handful of listings and depending on the close vicinity of "where", near downtown, you are willing to consider, there are a few single family homes with yards. Some are newer, some older, with varied square footage. I also saw a few Townhomes with tiny front yards as well. If you had to prioritize your options, what would you consider a 'must-have' and what is it that you can overlook? Houston has endless possibilities, but each family has their own specifications and we need to research what is available to your liking that you would be happy to call your home.

Before you start looking, please do make sure that if you are financing, you have a pre-approval so you know your options.

I will be happy to research some more for you, if you are not already working with someone to represent your interest. Feel free to call or email if you have any questions.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/persis
Hi Stephanie,
I have identified 7 Town Homes that have small back yards within 7 miles of downtown Houston that range in price from $317K-$349,900. The yard sizes on town homes if they have one at all could accomodate an umbrella table and chairs and possibly a BBQ. I also did a search of single family homes in the same 7 mile radius and found 7 homes that have decent backyards. The homes are older but nicely updated and range in price from $314K-$349,900. Check out my web site below and then give me a call so we can discuss setting up some showings.
I can help you find exactly what you want inside the 610 loop. When do you plan to look or move?
It is certainly possible to find a town home with a yard in that price range. There are several areas that I think you may like that are conveniently located close to downtown Houston. I just sold a gorgeous 3 bedroom townhome with a yard in the heights for 270k. I am also a Master Certified Negotiation Expert, which means I have more qualifications to negotiate on your behalf than 99% of the agents in town. Please let me know if there is absolutely anything I can do to help you in your search. Thank you!

Truly,

Brandon Newton
713.890.9108
Stephanie,

Yes, there are some single family homes in the Heights area that feature single family homes, 15yrs or less in age, that have smallish yards. OK for a small dog, set up a few chairs for a BBQ, but not much more. I was showing another client earlier in the year and found several properties...all 3/2/2s, but most were 2000-2400sqft-nothing much larger. Some town homes as well (common walls).

The areas you want to look in are between Memorial Park and downtown, both north and south of I-10. Let me know if you need assistance as I work with buyers in this area and have an ABR designation. Feel free to visit my web site.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
I'd be happy to assist you. Feel free to contact me at your convenience so I can get some specific information from you.
Debra Zamarron - Realtor
City West Realty
dgzamarron@gmail.com
Stephanie, this is definitely feasible but I would like to get a little more information, whether you are looking for a single family home or a townhome as I have various areas to suggest. My question to you is have you been pre-approved for a loan. If not, that is your first step and then the process will begin, but this will give us the best idea as to price before you waste your time looking. I live within 10 minutes to Downtown and its fabulous, please e-mail me at gail.levin@kw.com and I will be happy to help you. I would also like to add you to my automatic property alerts where you can set up your own property searches. Thanks.
Depends on how big of a yard, but you will be suprised what is possible. Heights, Museum District, and Midtown have a variety of listings, and depending on how many bedrooms and what amenties you need, we can surely find you the perfect place !

Check out my and my collegues websites and pick an agent you will feel comfortable with to represent you as your Buyer's Agent !
I recently helped an attorney find a town home near downtown Houston. I can certainly help you with your search.

Dr. Tom Spata, Broker Associate
The Real Estate Doctor of Houston
832-746-7135
As my other colleagues stated below, yes you can find a home with a yard. It just depends on how big of a yard you are looking for. I would be more than happy to assist you but would need a little more detail from you to truly understand your needs. Please feel free to call or email me if you are not already working with a Realtor.

Linda Hildreth, Realtor
Better Homes and Gardens Gary Greene
281-733-3431
Linda.hildreth@garygreene.com
Hi Stephanie,

Yes, it is possible to find a townhome with a yard. I'd love to help assist you with your real estate needs. Please give me a call to discuss further.

Abbie Henry
281-217-7221
Yes, there are a few but that are somewhat rare. And what happens when something is rare.....you guessed it....it becomes more expensive and sells fast. So you need to be watching and be ready if the yard is a deal breaker. Near downtown encompasses a lot of neighborhoods.....midtown, Sawyer Heights, Heights, River Oaks, Rice Military, just to name a few. Each with their good and bad points. Many of the townhouses have a very similar floor plan as well and are 3 stories. Think long term about going up and down stairs before you go that route.
Absolutely we can find something that meets all your needs . Call me today and I will be glad to help!
Natalie Bailey
832-493-1239
Weichert Realtors
Wayne Murray Properties