Home Buying in Calabasas>Question Details

New Buyer, Home Buyer in Calabasas, CA

My husband and I are looking into calabasas highland area, any advice? Our realtor told us that highland is hard for resall

Asked by New Buyer, Calabasas, CA Fri Jan 6, 2012

Answers

11
Follow your agents advice.
If you are looking to buy, that may make it easier to find a good value in the area. If it is hard to resell that means as a buyer you have the upper hand. That is of course if you are planning to stay in the home for an extended period of time, 10 plus years. If it is just a transitional home and you don't think you will be living there that long, I would recommend looking in a different area.

Zack King
01882407
Keller Williams Estates Calabasas
(818) 825-7388
Zking1@live.com
http://www.PetPlanetRealty.com
Yes it is harder to sell there. I have had experience with that area and we had to do a lease option because of no offers for a few months.
check out ThriveCalabasas.com. There is more info there
Ask your realtor for more details. Have an in depth discussion with your realtor about what you want out of your home and how long you plan to stay there.
Your RE agent is right on
I live in Calabasas and choose not to live in the Highlands because of soil issues. Visit the building department (next to the Commons). Ask Monica or Bryan for information and requirements for building a home in that area. The geological specs are much different than any other part of Calabasas.
New Buyer,
Calabasas Highlands consists of two areas for the most part. Area one has for the most part custom homes varying in years built, and area two consists of what appears to be two tracks of homes. Numbers are numbers. Many people like to be on the outskirts of town and flock here to live. Homes sell all over the nation that are priced at market value, move in ready, in decent neighborhoods, and are well kept.
I wish you the best in your Home Search.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomebuying.org
http://www.socalhomebuying.org
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
As others have said, it's in the eye of the beholder. You Realtor's experience with the Highlands might be limited to showing to a "typical " Calabasas buyer attracted by the planned development and manicured aspect of Calabasas Park. The rural nature of the Highlands is not their cup of tea. In general rural property appeals to a smaller segment ofthe market than a tract neighborhood. So you would expect longer times on the market in general.

The question I would ask your Realtor what resales support that claim for the Calabasas Highlands.

Neil Singerman, Realtor®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
DRE License #01097970
Keller Williams Realty Westside
310-571-5470
I always say that whatever attracts you to a house will attract someone else to that house in the future.

Dot Chance, Realtor®
DRE License #01494182
Keller Williams Realty World Media Center
http://www.DotChance.com
818.339.7712

WHEN YOU THINK OF REAL ESTATE...Think DotChance.com! My business thrives from your referrals!