Ashleykoirty…, Home Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

My husband and I are looking at buying our first house in the next couple of years.

Asked by Ashleykoirtyohann, Fort Worth, TX Fri Jul 6, 2012

Our credit scores could both use improvement, we're around 620, but we already have $10,000 saved up to put down and are hoping to have almost double that by the time we actually buy. I just got out of college, but my student loans are relatively low. We're building our credit scores through car loans and paying down our credit cards. I guess my question is what can we do now to prepare for buying a home? In a perfect world, we would want a home in the Fairmount area, the homes we like are usually around $185k. But I'm afraid they'll be more expensive when we're in a position to purchase. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Answers

14
Joseph Fernandez’s answer
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

Please, feel free to contact so I can answer all your questions. Your first step should be to contact an A+ mortgage company. I have lenders on call if you need any help. No pressure what so ever they will help you outline a plan of action that way when your ready to move in on purchasing your first estate you are ready.

Real Estate Consultant/3xUS Army Vet.
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157

WEBSITE: http://WWW.BLISSFUL-ESTATES.COM
Hi Ashley
It is nice to see that you are looking into the future getting your life in order to buy your dream home.

As a home buyer the first thing I would do is talk to a good mortgage officer they can help build better credit scores.

There are also programs in Tarrant county that will give grants to first time home buyer. These grants run from $4,500 to $14,000 pending on buyer’s income and the home location and yes peoplle are using these grants to buy homes in the $185k plus price range.

If you are not working with a Realtor and cannot find a good loan officer let me know I have one that can help.
"Meeting your needs and exceeding your dreams!"

Please, feel free to contact me today in regards to assisting you and your real estate needs.

3xUS Army Vet./ Real Estate Consultant
Joseph Fernandez
cell: (817)975-7258
off: (817)635-1157
email: blissfulestates84@gmail.com

FOR ACCESS TO AN UPDATED SEARCH ENGINE CHECK OUT http://WWW.BLISSFUL-ESTATES.COM
Hi Ashley,

You've had a number of answers already, with a little bit of confusing information. The credit repair may be faster than you expect, and buying as soon as possible is definitely a good idea. We currently have the best interest rates in the history of mortgage rates, and also have very attractive home prices. The old adage applies here: Buy Low, Sell High. There has never been a better buying time. I work with a lender who is an expert in getting your credit to the point where you can buy. Would love the opportunity to talk with you, so we can determine exactly where your are, and when you will be able to buy. I have over 20 years in real estate, and can guide you through the entire process. Just give me a call.
Lynn Colter
817-888-4842
lynncolter@gmail.com
Brants Realtors,
Serving Fort Worth since 1926
Hi, Ashley,

You can find a lot of great info here http://pinterest.com/aptsrentrebate/real-estate-information-board/
if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck, it is an exciting moment in life...

Alexander Landman
Credit scores is only one part of the equation to qualify for a home

Direct link to assist you
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5046766

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
I would love to be helpful and of service to you.
Feel free to call or email or text me any time.
Sloan@Brants.com or 817-223-5435

Kind Regards,
Sloan Yorek
I would welcome the opportunity to work with you and help you.
Feel free to call or email any time.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Sloan Yorek
Sloan@Brants.com
817-223-5435
Hi Ashley
Right now you should start talking directly with a Realtor who will work with you to develop a plan that is right for you! Even though you think you are a year or maybe even two away from a purchase your Realtor will show you market trends, help you develop a plan of action, help you analyze the costs of waiting or moving ahead, and answer so many questions about what you want and need. More importantly your Realtor will help you bring together a team of experts in finance and credit to help you build a plan based on your goals and financial needs. Your question is a great one and I can tell you that the answer needs to be completely based on you and should not be answered here in just a few lines. I would love to speak with you and learn about your goals to see if I could be the Realtor who helps you build your plan. Please feel free to contact me directly. I wish you the best of luck with your new home search!

John Straub
Keller Williams
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com
http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info
Dear Ashley,

You may wait yourself out of a good deal! I think we need to talk, and it is most likely that we can get you the loan you need to purchase a house within a few months. You should try to capture a 30-year loan while the rates are at an all-time low point. Here's why you should call me:

> I specialize in first-time home buyers.

> I have 32 years of experience helping folks just like you.

> You don't really need a "640" like some people say.

> I am also an Instructor in Credit Repair. We will work on raising your FICO score.

> There are many nice houses for sale right now, and we can find you a good deal.

> My commission is paid by the Seller's Broker. No money out of your pocket!

Contact me today, and we'll get started! ~If you snooze, you lose!

Rick DeVoss

---ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

rickdevoss@realtor.com

===================
My answer would be why wait? With the interest rates as low as they are and the money you already have saved you could buy a house now. I can get you in touch with some local (FW based lenders) to see what you qualify for and we can start your search real soon. If you are currently renting or leasing consider that some of your monthly payment would go to principal in a HOME. Home ownership is empowering and great fun!

I look forward to your call,

Brian Rickard
brian@brants.com
817.988.1588
Ashley,

You actually sound like you are in a position to purchase a home now. Interest rates are very low and now is a great time to purchase before prices go up due to a higher demand. I would be happy to assist you and refer you to a lender to help you find out what you qualify for right now. Please feel free to contact me at (817) 966-7963 or samdavault@yahoo.com

Samantha Davault,
Realtor, Dunamis Realty Group
If you email me asking for my free e-book about credit... I will reply back with a copy.
This might help with the credit part of things

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
Hello Ashley,

Homes could be more expensive and even worse rates most likely will be. Over the next 2 years interest rates rising will have a much more dramatic effect on affordability than the appreciation of homes.

You are very close to qualifying for an FHA mortgage. While you may be able to qualify now it really makes sense to get your credit to at least a mid score of 640 for you and your husband. The lowest mid score will be what lenders use.

Keep saving and get with a lender who will work with you now and for the next couple of years if in fact you need to or want to wait that long. The important thing is to know and understand your credit so you know what to do to ensure you are making the correct decisions to keep it moving in the right direction.

Best of luck to you.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com