Home Buying in El Reno>Question Details

Amanda Heitm…, Renter in El Reno, OK

My husband and I are interested in buying our 1st home,however we have no clue how to begin the process.We dont have perfect credit or alot of $ 4 DP

Asked by Amanda Heitman, El Reno, OK Wed Sep 22, 2010

Answers

6
Great question! The first thing I reccomend to anyone is to start dreaming. Dream as big as you want to, but realize that you may not get everyting in your first home.

The next step is to find a lender you trust. If you have been doing business with a local bank, talk to them. If you can't think of anyone, call your local chamber of commerce to see who they might be able to reccomend or ask friends and family.

Once you get in touch with a good lender, they will either tell you how much you qualify for or what you need to do be ready to make that purchase.

After that, grab a Realtor, fill up the car with gas and go look at houses!
Hi Amanda, agree with prior posters that you will be well served by teaming up with a great agent and a trusted lender. Particularly as a first time buyer, you will get great benefit from the guidance of an agent. The process is complicated and there is simply no reason at all that you should try to go it alone. And yes, you will want to get your arms around your financial readiness to buy and a mortgage rep can guide you on this. And incidentally, if by chance you learn that you are not in the position to buy, then you will get good advice on what you need to do to get there.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Amanda,
You have 2 choices, start with an agent and get referred to a lender, or start with a lender and get referred to an agent. In either case, you are not obligated to use them long term, but these are the professionals you'll need to talk to in order to start the process. As you learn more and talk to multiple professionals, you will want to choose the ones you are most confident can best represent and advise you.
If you believe your credit is the biggest issue, I'd suggest you start with a lender (I do both for my clients, but most professionals don't). As a lender I would look at your financial situation, credit history and create a plan to either help you start shopping immediately or to improve your credit so you'll be able to buy soon.
Talk to a lender, find out which loan program you'll qualify. There might also be some down payment assisstance programs, bond money or first time buyer assistance availble to help you on your purchase. I know a couple of great lenders that work in the area and would be able to talk to you about the process.

You also need a Realtor to help find you a home and help you negotiate the terms of the purchase. The seller pays for the Realtor fees so you don't have to worry about that. All Realtors have access to all the homes that are listed and can show you any home in which you're interested. If you'd like, I can do that for you too.

Jennifer Henning, REALTOR
Keller Williams, NW, Yukon
Jenn@JenniferSellsOklahoma.com
(405) 625-1576.
If you're looking to buy in El Reno, I have the perfect, knowledgable agent to refer you to, and if you're looking to buy in the city, I'll be happy to help you with that. Have a great day!
Web Reference: http://www.showmeokc.com
FIND A REALTOR in your area! He/she will also set you up with a loan agent as well to give you the info about your DP and what plans there are for buyers in your situation.

Hope this helps and good luck :)
I am a Realtor and live in the El Reno area! I have several different lenders I could refer you to. Feel free to call me with any questions you may have.

Thanks!

Jillian Dobson
Metro First Realty
405-863-6388
Flag Sat Oct 5, 2013