Home Buying in Plainsboro>Question Details

Cooper3610, Home Buyer in Plainsboro, NJ

My husband and I are interested in buying our first home in NJ. We would like a townhouse and we are not sure where to start.

Asked by Cooper3610, Plainsboro, NJ Mon Dec 12, 2011

We would like to find first time buyers incentives and credits.

Answers

7
Cooper –

First things first, since you mention that you are looking for information of possible first time homebuyer credits and such, that is telling me that you have not spoken to a mortgage representative as of yet.
For me to tell you to meet me.. and lets get the ball rolling without this, just reads that I want t just pull you in as a buyer. I want you to be prepared.

I work with a great mortgage person at PNC Bank, Alfonso Esposito. Alfonso will speak with you gather some numbers and discuss with you what you would be able to comfortably afford. HE will also discuss any programs that are currently available to you given your financial situation; explain different loans FHA/ Conventional and so on. You should do this first.

Alfonso Esposito
Mortgage Loan Officer
PNC Mortgage
908-531-8134
Alfonso.exposito@pncmortgage.com

Once we come to a conclusion on the financing, we will then discuss where you want to be. What town, what area, what type of Townhouse you are looking for.. then we will look at what is available to you.
When buying your first home you need to do you due diligence, get all of your ducks in line and find that house. If you take the proper steps.. This will be an *easy* (easy as it can be) process and you will be in your new home in the spring!

Call or email and we can discuss further!

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409
Office: 732-863-6969
JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 13, 2011
Start by framing out a general location - perhaps based on proximity to your workplace. Jot down your vision...capture your thoughts. Think about what matters most to you? What are you trying to achieve/solve with this move? What are you looking for in a home? What do you consider must haves? ...nice to haves? Don't worry about finding the answer at this point, just capture your thoughts. An agent who knows the areas of interest will be a terrific asset for you. She will help to bring it into focus for you. She will also be able to provide you with recommended resources, such as mortgage pros, attorneys, inspectors.

Mary has provided some great links for you to begin answering some of the basic questions. If you can identify target locations, then you can enlist the support of a local agent. Trulia is a great place to find one - just go to the "find a pro" section.

What an exciting time for you. Think about general location, find a great agent to help you, and then trust your instincts as you move along. You'll know when its right!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Cooper

Agreed you need to know where you want to live, but first and foremost you need to speak to a qualified mortgage representative to find out what your comfort level is for purchasing a home so you know where to look and where not to look based on prices of homes.

Consider your commute. Do you mind driving if there is no train nearby or would a commuter bus be acceptable. You can lok at http://www.njtransit.com for areas where busses or trains server the area;

Consider the schools if you have kids or plan on them. Do you want to be near lots of entertainment/restaurants/ access to NYC or would you rather be in a more rural area and travel to those things. You can check out http://www.bestplaces.net for info on any place in NJ (by town name or zip code) and find out other info like average income, population, etc.

Also check out
http://education.state.nj.us/rc/rc10/index.html for school information.

AND NJ Monthy does their top high schools every year. High schools can sometimes tell you how the entire educational system in the area is performing
http://njmonthly.com/articles/towns_and_schools/highschoolra…

Since you are in Plainsboro, there a several really nice condo/town home developments in the South Brunswick area. I would be happy to discuss your needs with you in more detail and help guide you. Just drop me an email or call me direct at 908-675-0167.

Mary Petti
Yes, determining where you want to live is step one. Where you work and what you want to be close to are the major factors for this decision. What you also need to do is get qualified for a mortgage and see what you can afford or want to spend. I would be happy to assist you with all of these steps. There are plenty of desirable communities in Middlesex and Union Counties that I can help you with.Based on the information in the question, are you looking to live in Plainsboro? My contact information is phone-908-310-7692, email marc@betterhomesus.com. Thanks for the inquiry.
If you woulkd like to discuss I would be more then happy to listen to your thoughts as to areas and what type of things you would be interested in.
Dear Cooper,
Not sure what areas of NJ you are interested in being in but if you decide you would like to look in Northern NJ I would love to meet you and your wife. I am a full time agent, an Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR) and am very familiar with most areas in North Jersey. What I would recommend to you is that you look in areas that are close to your areas of work so that you can easily commute. I happen to live in a townhome myself and am very familiar with the process. Please feel free to call me I will do my best to help you. I can be reached at 201-259-5205

Suzanne Parisi
Century 21 Crest Real Estate
Hi! It is very difficult to ti decide where you want to live. My opinion you need to know if you rather be near the Ocean, for fantastic beaches, or close proximity to a active town such as "Red Hot Red Bank" or a ruural area. My opinion Monmouth County has a lot to offer so if you get a chance give me a call I would be more than happy to help you with your home search. My e-mail is mlittleford@remax.net or web site mlittleford.com for any home search. Thanks! Good luck with your home search.