Home Buying in Waynesboro>Question Details

Elizabeth Gi…, Both Buyer and Seller in Young Harris, GA

My husband and I are considering relocation to the Waynesboro/Charlottesville, VA area? Cany anyone provide some insight?

Asked by Elizabeth Giufre, Young Harris, GA Sat Apr 7, 2012

Answers

9
Waynesboro is a much smaller town than Charlottesville. And the 30 minute commute isn't bad. You definitely get more for your dollar in the Waynesboro side of the mountain. All beautiful areas though.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 30, 2013
Virginia is a beautiful area, especialy in the fall.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
We think so too. Thank you!
Flag Sun Apr 8, 2012
I have some beautiful new homes going up in Waynesboro
Jeremy Vogan
Countryside HomeCrafters, LC
540 487 0480
Are you still looking to buy in this area? My husband and I are putting our property on the market this Spring. The address is 48 Deer Haven Lane, Staunton, VA 24401. It's the Mint Spring area south of Staunton. It's a beautiful home and property. 3 Bed, 2 1/2 Bath, about 2700 Sq. ft. Beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We also have a G-scale garden railroad in the backyard which is a dream come true for train lovers. The trains can either stay or be torn down. A beautiful 20 X 20 ft. bldg. holds all of the trains, and memorabilia. There's lots more to say. Let me know if you are interested.
Elizabeth,
The market is certainly picking up in our area and there is a bit of a difference between Waynesboro and Charlottesville areas. In fact, they are served by two different MLS systems, Greater Augusta Association of REALTORS (or GAAR) and Charlottesville Albemarle Association of REALTORS (or CAAR). As a member of both associations, I am able to provide useful information about the local market. I have worked with Jim Duncan (we refer business to each other) and I'm sure he would agree, real estate is "local" and can be very different here than in GA. Not to discourage you because I think Central Virginia is a beautiful place to call home, but there will likely be some "sticker shock" when it comes to the price difference.
Best of luck to you! Feel free to contact me if there's anything I can do to help you in your home search.
We're seasoned to real estate differences and are on the page with pricing. Sure do appreciate your reinforcing. We live in a resort area in North GA which also drives their market. Central VA is more to our liking due to family and other personal choices. We're doing our homework and hope to have a buyer soon. Our decisions will be indicative of how our sale transpires. Thanks so much for your response. We are looking forward to making our home in Central VA.
Flag Wed Apr 25, 2012
Check our website , http://www.fondlyfrancesca.com ..We shall be happy to help you .

Alain
Elizabeth -

What are you looking for? Where do you need/want to be close to? What is your comfortable price point? How familiar are you with the area?

Please feel free to contact me - jim@realcentralva.com - I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
We've been exploring the area for some time. I am familiar with the countryside region. My husband knows the streams -- we fly fish. We are discussing several different tracks, as my husband has retired and I would like to have some meaningful employment. Compared to where we currently reside, the Charlottesville area offers many opportunities. I've bookmarked your referenced website and when we begin to see movement with prospective buyers of our present home, we will launch a more aggressive initiative to relocate. Thank you for your reply.
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
Nothing special going on in Bridgeport by the airport. I have a listing there and they are building a new home. Waynesboro is only 30 minutes from Charlottesville but your dollar goes much farther. Feel free to call me as I live 5 minutes from Eagles Nest airport. Mike Zelena 540-255-2001.
Thank you! Appreciate your feedback!
Flag Sun Apr 8, 2012
Elizabeth,

I suggest speaking with/contacting Jim Duncan. He's a Realtor in the Waynesboro, Crozet, Charlotesville area. He's a very cool guy, great Realtor and a great resource for the entire area. I refer anyone moving to those areas to him. His web site is http://realcentralva.com.

Danilo Bogdanovic
Real Estate Consultant/REALTOR(r)
http://LoudounScene.com
http://LoudounForeclosures.com
Thank you. Will keep this information handy.
Flag Sun Apr 8, 2012