Freshstart, Both Buyer and Seller in Greater Harmony Hils,...

My husband and I are almost done with Bankruptcy Chapter 13.Will we be able to buy a home?

Asked by Freshstart, Greater Harmony Hils, San Antonio, TX Wed Jun 27, 2012

Answers

7
I believe so, if you have made your payments faithfully I think you can qualify for an FHA loan. The best place to find out for sure, though, is a local mortgage banker. I don't mean one of the big banks but a small firm that specialzies in writing mortgages. They will look at your current situation and tell you what you can do today, or, if you need to improve your situation, they will tell you exactly what to and how long it will take to see the results of those actions so you will know when you can expect to be able to buy. It would be well worth your time to talk to someone so you know exactly what the facts are. If you don't know a local firm, call a realtor and ask to be referred. We're here to help!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 28, 2012
Dear Freshstart,

Chapter 13 allows you to purchase a home using a FHA-insured mortgage while you're still in the "wage-earner" plan, as long as your payment history has been satisfactory AND you have permission from the court. You can actually be in the plan for one year and be allowed to purchase a home as long as you follow those two rules. This is far different from Chapter 7 that DOES require that it is discharged and two-years from discharge has expired.

I would suggest that you give me a call and get with a lender that thoroughly understands FHA. You will definitely get the accurate information you deserve, and get the best possible advice.

I hope that this has helped you.

Dianne

Dianne Y. Ayala Steffey, MBA, CLU, ChFC, NMLS#267658
Your Personal Mortgage Consultant for Life!
Sterling Mortgage Services NMLS#373771
2929 Mossrock, Ste 222
San Antonio, TX 78230
210.349.2102
210.349.1544 fax
210.831.8749 cell
http://www.sterlingloans.biz
dianne@sterlingloans.biz

P.S. I value and appreciate your referrals. As always, I promise to deliver such outstanding service that your family members, friends, co-workers, and clients will thank you for referring them to me. Give me a call if you know someone who needs a dedicated real estate and/or mortgage consultant. Your personal referrals are the greatest compliment I can receive. Thank you so much!

Confidentiality Notice: This communication may contain privileged and / or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or re-disclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information. There are risks associated with the use of electronic transmission. The sender of this information does not control the method of transmittal or service providers and assumes no duty or obligation for the security, receipt, or third party interception of this transmission.
It must be discharged and you must begin to establish credit. About 1 to 2 years out to buy
Yes Indeed! If your past 12 month pay history is all perfect... you will have no issue at all with getting an FHA loan if all else checks out.. :)

Easy as pie!

Start here: http://www.DHIMortgage.com/Kasey-Hampton - it's an online loan pre-approval. Quick, easy, and Free... Kasey is by far the best loan officer San Antonio has ever seen.. I've never seen anyone beat her interest rates, and her service is just off the charts... You can thank me later ;)

In the mean time... I can shoot you over a bunch of homes that fit exactly what you are looking for..

Send me an e-mail with your criteria and I will reply with a bunch of nice homes that fit the bill :)

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Yes, it is possible. I have answers for all your questions. Please let me know if you want my help. I will not charge you.
Good Luck.
Jose L. Novelo
Without speculating on timelines and such, it's best to get someone to look at the total picture as my colleagues have already stated. I recommend calling Lisa at SWBC and she can give you the honest information you need. It won't cost you a penny. Here is her contact info:

Lisa Warren
Senior Mortgage Banker - SWBC Mortgage
NMLS# 227358
8400 Blanco Rd, Ste 100
San Antonio, TX 78216
210-494-5626
lwarren@swbc.com
http://www.swbcmortgage.com/warren

She is super easy to work with. Let her know Darrell recommended her and whenever you are set to find a home, I'll be glad to assist. Good Luck!

Darrell D. Drouillard
Home Team of America
16719 Huebner Rd., Bldg 4
San Antonio, Texas 78248
210-373-6160
210-881-6760 (Fax)

http://www.dddrealtor.com

'Serving all Your Real Estate Needs'
HI Freshstart,

Suzanne is absolutely correct. The best way to find out if you are ready is to talk to a local lender who will give you the facts. Depending on your current situation and how the bankruptcy was handled, you might very well be ready to buy a home. If not quite yet, a local mortgage broker will be able to lead you in the right direction :)!

Good luck to you and if you need a referral to a lender, feel free to give me a call!

Brenda Mullen
Realtor®, ABR®, e-PRO
RE/MAX Access
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net