Mrs.hodges, Other/Just Looking in 72472

My husband & I have been looking to buy a house for some time now.And we recently found out that their are a few things on his credit that needs

Asked by Mrs.hodges, 72472 Wed Sep 30, 2009

work. Since he is named after his father he has duplicate bills belonging to his parents, that can't be taken off without a big legal ordeal which includes filing formal charges against his parents.We have a really good income just not the credit right now.It is going to take at least a year to get this all cleared up,but in the mean time we really need a house.There are not any decent rental companies here & not many private owners.Is there any home willing to lease their home or negotiate a lease purchase,please let me know.We have a great income but just not the greatest credit.I am at a total loss & this is the last resort to owning a home.Thank you trulia

Answers

4
The first step to take, if you haven't already, is for your husband to dispute any bills on his report that do not belong to him. At http://www.annualcreditreport.com you can get one free credit report from ALL three credit bureaus each year. You will have the opportunity to dispute any items on each report that you do not agree with. Make sure to visit each of the three bureaus. Each creditor must respond to the dispute within 30 days. I know several people who have cleared up credit issues this way.
If you have income and good credit you might consider buying in your name only.
It is very difficult to find a lease to own, or even a nice rental in 72472 area. I understand your problem.
Good luck Mrs. Hodges.
Ordering a credit supplement should help clear up the credit issues, but like Jackson said, if he co-signed, then that's a different story.

Your current lender should be able to order credit supplement for each issue.
Mrs. Hodges,
I can understand completly what you are saying here. My dad and I have the same names also, but the big key here is, we do not have the same Social Security Numbers or Date of Birth. My credit report showed that I had a credit card from Sears when I was 1 years old and it was easy to prove by date of birth that it was not my debt. I guess what I am trying to get at is that it might not be as difficult to clean up your credit as you might think.
I do not have any information on leasing to purchase in your area, but I do wish you the best of luck.....Hal
Web Reference: http://www.halburgess.com
You mentioned duplicated bills belonging to his parents. If the obligations is not your husband's he should be able to contact the credit bureaus and have the information remove. Now, if he cosigned then that is a different issue and the obligation would be report on his credit report.