Michelle, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

My husband & I and our two boys (14 and 9) are looking to move to the north san diego / rsf / delmar area from Canada, with a budget up to $1.5M.

Asked by Michelle, Outside U.S. Wed Nov 4, 2009

We're looking for an agent experienced with Canadians moving to the area.

Answers

18
JD Morris’ answer
Visit our website at http://www.LuxeGlobal.com and e-mail my wife Suzy at SMorris@Luxeglobal.com about rsf in Delmar area. As you know, getting a loan as Canadan in US can be fun! We have international team that help Canadans, Australians, and types of non-US buyer find home here in SoCal. Our offices are just down the street from Del Mar race track! Again contact Suzy at SMorris@Luxeglobal.com
Web Reference: http://luxeglobal.com/
could you send me more information about this home please
Flag Sat Aug 11, 2012
Hello Michelle we provide expertise to hundreds of familes each year that all have difference preferences with respect to local offerings and property types and settings. We are happy to tour you through all of the areas and share the differences with you from community to community to help you locate the best setting for your family. It is best to 'buy the neighborhood' and then the 'home'. We have sold home to buyers throughout north county.

Best Regards

Jay S. Becker, PRINCIPAL / SR. REALTOR - 21 years licensed

Lux-RE Homes - a Full Service Real Estate Brokerage

direct: 858-222-4321 x7
toll free: 888-589-7346 - (888-LUXREHOMES)
fax: 855-589-7346 - (855-LUXREHOMES)
email: Jay@OWN-SD.com

http://www.OWN-SD.com
Hi Michelle,

Check out my website, it is synced with Google Maps and the MLS.
Few sites are synced with Google because it takes special software
programming to set that up. Hope that helps... If you haven't jumped
on the opportunity to work with any of these other agents, feel free
to give me a call and I will be happy to help you find the perfect home.

R/S,
Brian Hall

Brian Hall & Associates
American Liberty Real Estate
619-370-7715 Direct
888-551-7715 Fax
California DRE License # 01399160
SEARCH HOMES ONLINE AT: http://www.BAHALL.com
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012
Hello Michelle,

Our team is currently working with two different sets of Canadians, one from Edmonton and one from Vancouver, assisting them in purchasing homes in San Diego County.

As of December 31st, there are 24 homes available to choose from in Del Mar and even more in the Rancho Santa Fe area. You and your family are in a great position at this point to purchase a home for a great price!

Feel free to send me an e-mail with your family's specific criterion to help us focus on your specific needs and we would be more than happy to assist your family in finding just the right home in San Diego as well!

Have a very happy New Year!

Scott Marquette
Scott@SanDiegoRealtor.com
760.613.7693

Web Reference: http://www.SanDiegoRealtor.com
Hi Michell, I have been living in the Covenent in Rancho Santa Fe with my wife for the last 12 years and our daughter has gone through the Rowe school in the village. We are invested in our hometown and know it well.

I have worked with many Canadians during my time in Roatan Honduras and enjoy their friendly and thoughtful nature.

My good friend and associate Peter Lewi who owns Masterpiece Realty Associates is a real estate attorney and an expert in real estate law, so I'm sure many of your questions regarding foreign ownership will be answered to your complete satisfaction.

Best Regards for the new year and I look forward to having you as our neighbors and finding your perfect home!
Michelle,

We are not only experienced with Canadiens but all buyers from all countries. We can definitely help you with your relocation to Rancho Sante Fe and Del Mar and other North County areas of San Diego. You can start off by visiting our web site and take a look around at the San Diego Market in our world class san diego home search engine. If we can help send us an email or give us a call.

http://www.dawnsellssandiego.com/
Hello Michelle,

My name is Bree Estape, I am an agent that specializes in working with buyers in the Rancho Santa Fe and Del Mar Area.
We have amazing schools and a wonderful community. I am with Prudential and my office is located in the Village of Rancho Santa Fe. Right now ,there are a few steals in your price range. To better assist you, I would like to know a little more information on your needs and wants. In the Ranch we also have many great golf communites, which might be of intrest to you as well.To find out more about me please view my website at http://www.breeestape.com.
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of futher assitance to you, via email bree@prusd.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Bree Estape
6119 La Granada
Rancho Santa Fe, Ca 92067
858-405-2003
bree@prusd.com
Web Reference: http://www.breeestape.com
Hi Michelle,

My team and I would be happy to assist you with your search. We have worked with many buyers relocating to San Diego from Canada, Mexico and other countries outside the US. You will have a lot of inventory to choose from in your price range. We specialize in foreclosure properties and can assist you with buying a short sale or foreclosure to get the best deal possible. Please feel free to contact us if we can help with your search!

Warm regards,

MICAH LOGAN
REALTOR®
Allison James Estates & Homes
Marc Carpenter REO Team

858.652.1218 direct I 866.310.4581 fax
micah@mLoganHomes.com
CA DRE #1816660
Hi Michelle,

My name is Maria Petrecs and I am a realtor who specializes in representing buyers in the San Diego area. I am very familiar with San Diego and I would love to help you find a home in one of the areas you specified.

Homes in coastal north san diego (Del Mar, Carlsbad, and Encinitas) would most likely meet your criteria and fit within your budget. There are great schools in these areas, nice shopping centers, and many open recreational areas. I just closed escrow in La Jolla a few days ago for 1.2 million with a fantastic ocean view, and I would be more than happy to find you something similar in one of your designated areas.
.
I hope I can earn your business.

Maria Petrecs
Realty Experts
760-484-4561
mariapetrecs@sbcglobal.net
Hi Michelle,

All good comments below. I love this online community. Realtor.com is updated more frequently than Redfin for San Diego County if you want to do your own online searches. Otherwise many realtor's websites include a live link into the MLS which will be even more accurate. You don't have to register on most, including mine so feel free to browse. One of my Canadian family clients found the ideal Southern California home on the worst rainy day in So. Cal. It had tall palm trees around the sparkling pool, outdoor kitchen and just seemed like a beach house in spite of the rain. If you haven't spent much time in the area be sure to decide if coastal or just a few miles inland might make a difference to you weatherwise. Be sure to interview Realtors and decide who communicates in a way that is comfortable to you. I have a questionnaire that may help. Good luck and happy house hunting.
Hi Michelle,

What Chris is offering is accurate and is available through most Agent's web sites. Please know that you have to register in the site to get the service. You can also do the same type of searches through Redfin and you can do it anonymously if that suits your needs. If you want to register on an Agent's site, that will work as well.

Mark and Kari Shea
Real Estate Experts Serving San Diego County
Investment, Foreclosure & Short Sale Specialists,
Development Opportunities & Traditional Real Estate
Michelle,

The best way to start your search is to be set up with a "property alerts" program.

We can create a custom real-time home search for you. Your search criteria will be entered into the San Diego MLS and you will be emailed a personalized real estate website. The email contains all properties that meet your search parameters in an easy to preview format. After you review the details you can request additional information or add the property to your Favorites or Possibilities for easy future reference.

Once you receive the initial list of properties, you're automatically set up to receive emails when any activity occurs in your search area.

You will receive property alerts when:

New listings come on the market
Price changes to existing listings occur
Property is moved into contingent or pending

Once you get an idea as to the types of properties and areas you like we can narrow down your search. As long as you stay in the south Carlsbad, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, Carmel Valley and Del Mar areas you will be in great school districts.

I live/work in Del Mar. For additional information please visit my website listed below.
Hi Michelle,

You will get a wide variety of Agents here who will want your business. The best thing you can do is use the internet to explore the school systems in the areas you have stated. The second thing you can do is use Redfin.com to look at the properties that fit your price range so you get something comparable to where you live in Canada.

For the school search, we recommend http://www.greatschools.net/

If you are moving here for work, as people at the company for referrals for a Real Estate Agent. We recommend that people from out of the area rent for a while until they can determine what areas suit them best.

We hope this helps you in your search.

Mark and Kari Shea
Michelle

What a great time to relocate here. We are finding that there now is some fabulous inventory in the $1.5 Million range. I can send you a few of the select/best if you like. I specialize in Rancho Santa Fe & Del Mar where my office is located. Your children will be attending some of the best schools in the area.

If you want land the focus is RSF or east/rural Del Mar. Alternately, Del Mar beach living is finally more afforadable.
Web Reference: http://www.avcoastal.com
Hello Michelle,

Feel free to send me an e-mail with your family's specific criterion and we would be more than happy to assist your family in finding just the right home in San Diego as well!

Have a great day!

Scott Marquette
Scott@SanDiegoRealtor.com
Michelle,

I recommend you research the school districts and narrow it down to your preferences. I can send information if you email me. Have you been here yet and driven around? If you have not , you may want to consider renting first as an option to get to know the neighborhoods before making your investment.

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Simply The Best Real Estate Company, Inc.
760-644-1562
Marcie@SimplyTheBestRE.com
Hi Michelle!

Feel free to contact me or my brokerage at any time concerning your move. We are experienced in helping people relocate to beautiful San Diego, and we have three law school-educated agents working with us who will be able to effectively protect your rights.

Let me know if I can assist you in any way.

Best of Luck!

Brian Adkins
Broker/Associate
Engelby Real Estate
brian@sdcoastproperties.com
M: (858) 345-7135
You are going to love living here!

How big a home are you looking for?

I work with families coming from everywhere. Feel free to visit my web site and read my references.
Feel free to give me a call or e-mail.

Barbara Whisenant