Home Buying in Ridgewood>Question Details

Marie Abou-s…, Other/Just Looking in

My husband & I are looking to relocate from Lodi, NJ. WE would like to buy a condo or townhouse that is a 30 min commute to work in Ridgewood, NJ.

Asked by Marie Abou-sanra, Mon Jul 16, 2012

Can you recommend a nice community for us.

Answers

9
Well, Marie - let's hope that in the 10 months since you asked this question, you already found something and moved in!
Ridgewood is so centrally located that there are so many great towns you can purchase a home in. To help with your search, go to: http://www.bergencountyhomesearcher.com/
Hello Marie,

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, you have some great options within your established 30 minute commute requirement. Would you prefer driving on county/local roads or 17,4,80,208,287,GSP? How does a 15 (fifteen) minute county road drive sound? Northern Bergen County is perfect for your reloc. Close to work, shopping, indoor/outdoor recreation, fantastic restaurants, and easy commuting to NYC.

Please call or email me to discuss further. I would be happy to review all your new home options up this way when you are available. Talk soon!

Chris

Christopher A. Hudson
Realtor Associate
christopherhudson@marrongildea.com
Office: 201.445.8880 Ext. 406
Cell: 201.694.9369
Fax: 201-445-6236
Marron Gildea Realtors
Distinctive Homes and Estates
http://www.MarronGildea.com
Hi Marie
Much will depend on your price range.
Here are a few suggestions in Essex County........

Livingston offers high end townhome complexes (condo forms of ownership) starting in the 400-500's to the 900's...there is a brand new complex in the 6-700's
(The Gables at Livingston Town Center, The Regency, The Fairways, Cedar gate)

Roseland has 3 complexes ranging from the 400's to mid 600's....1 is only several years old.
(Roseland Green, The Eagle Rock, Roseland Glen)

West Orange has a number of viable townhome options starting in the 300's to million plus range......all of the townhome complexes offer clubhouses, pools and tennis.....one even has an indoor pool...many offer gyms, too.
(The Highlands, Eagle Ridge, The Point at Crystal Lake, Crystal Woods, Crown View, Vizcaya, Bel Air)

Several of the communities have gated entrances.

There are also some elevator buildings that are quite luxurious with numerous amenities, but you won't get the same square footage as 2 story townhomes, as these are apartment styled units. (still condos, though).

Please let me know if you would like more specific information.

Best wishes!
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
I would be happy to help you would you like to call me to discuss the areas that your looking to live in. I cover Hudson and Bergen County and it would be my pleasure to assist you in buying a condo or townhome.

What are some of the features that are important to you I see you would like a 30 Minute commute.
What about a backyard are you looking for a shared or are you interested in a fenced in that is private.

How many parking spaces will you need?

There is many questions to go over please feel free to call me and I will do my very best to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Michele Messina
Re/Max Villa Realtors
Serving Hudson and Bergen County
Office 201-886-2008
Mobile 201-970-6064
micheleamessina@gmail.com
Would it were so simple but any agent would need more information to customize a search to meet your needs. We know location is a factor, but what about number of bedrooms, baths, community, shopping and travel accessibility, schools, taxes, price range, etc.? This is a great time for you to think this through and write it all down.

One thing you should know as you do this is that there is a difference between a condo and townhouse. A condo can be a townhouse, but a townhouse is not necessarily a condo. Confusing? It's like this, a townhouse is a style, just like cape cod, colonial, bi-level, etc. A condo association maintains the exterior of the homes- roof, gutters, painting, steps, etc. Their HOA fees are usually higher depending upon amenities available (pool, tennis courts, etc.) A townhouse complex is usually "fee simple," just like single-family homes. The HOA fees are lower (usually) but the homeowner is responsible to repair/replace roof, paint periodically, etc.

Wishing you success!
Hi Marie

Ridgewood is a community that would be perfect. There are a few towns I have in mind depending what other amenities you are looking for. Please email me, or give me a call so we can talk and see what is right for you.
Paula@PaulaClarkRealtor.com, or give me a call on my cell: 201-280--0056
My best...Paula Clark
Google me, and read more about how I work.
What is your price range? I have a lovely 3BR, 2.5.5 BTH duplex townhouse (end unit) in Courts of Glenpointe in Teaneck, asking price $399,000. Tax assessment much higher but being appealed, lovely gated complex with pool, tennis courts, 24 hour security, etc.

17 Lowell Court, Teaneck -- NJMLS#1203675 (check listing info on my webpage below)

Let me know if you would like to see it and if it's in your price range!
My best,
Barbara Ostroth
Coldwell Banker RE
201-262-6600 x144 office
201-965-3105 cell
http://www.BarbaraOstroth.com
Good Evening Marie:

There are several communities that fit your criteria. The first step would be to determine what exactly you and your husband need in your new home. Second, would be the price range. These 2 factors can help eliminate and narrow down which community is best suited.

My partner, who is my husband, would like the opportunity to meet and assist you in narrowing down the community(s). We look forward to speaking with you.

Al and Sue Bernier
Keller Williams Village Sq Realty
Ridgewood, NJ
(201)445-4300 Ext. 255
(201)709-1085 Al's cell
(973)568-6719 Sue's cell
http://www.gardenstatehomefinders.com