carlasmiff, Other/Just Looking in Reseda, CA

My house went into foreclosure and had an auction date of 9/20/12. How can I find out if it was sold? Can someone help me find out? Carla

Asked by carlasmiff, Reseda, CA Sun Sep 30, 2012

Answers

8
Jhon Cordova’s answer
You can also call the bank that had your loan and they will able to give more details.

Jhon Cordova Realtor®, Acredited REO Agent™
CA DRE Lic #: 01817265
Tel: (818) 968-1691| Fax: (818) 923-5201
Search for Homes at http://www.jhoncordova.com
Web Reference: http://www.jhoncordova.com
ON YOUR FORECLOSURE DOCUMENTS, THERE SHOULD BE A PHONE NUMBER TO THE TRUSTEES. THE TRUSTEE IS THE ONE IN CHARGE OF SELLING YOUR HOUSE. THEY SHOULD EASILY UPDATE YOU ON A NEW SALE DATE IF IT WAS POSTPONE.

HOME CENTER 411
nonprofit organization
My house went into foreclosure and had an auction date of 01/22/2015.
I still living in the house, is there anything I can do. the process start since 2010
almost 5 years
My house went into foreclosure and had an auction date of 01/22/2015. How can I find out if it was sold? Can someone help me find out? Osiris
Ashot's and Emily's answers are correct. The property was either sold that day to a private party, sold to a bank if a bank was bidding or returned to the beneficiary (the lender). If it was returned to the beneficiary, it will become an REO listing. Check with the Title Company or ask a Realtor to find out for you who owns the property now.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Carla,

You can check through the Title Company

Ashot Grigoryan
Below is the super long answer.

All you need to do is shoot me an email directly, give me the address, I'll look it up for you & see who the new owner is, it will either be a private owner or the bank.

If you're still occupying the home & it was sold to a private party, they would have knocked on your door by now to say "Hey, I'm the new owner, when can you move out?"

I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
100% short sale success ratio
& I can Prove it
osirism65, Home Owner, Sweetwater, FL
almost 5 years
Flag Thu Apr 2, 2015
Once the home is sold, there will be a deed recorded in the County Register of Deeds Office. There are multiple steps involved in the foreclosure sale.

Real Estate auctions are usually conducted at the County Courthouse steps. Anyone with interest in buying the property attends this auction and can bid on the property. The property is awarded to the highest bidder. At the conclusion of the auction, the highest bidder must pay a deposit of 10% of the bid price. The sale is not completed on this date, however. There is a ten (10) day waiting period, called the "upset bid period", during which you are given a chance to pay off the entire mortgage and other people are given a chance to post higher bids for the property. The sale is considered final the end of the 10 day upset bid period.

Once the sale is final, the highest bidder pays the rest of the bid price, and receives from foreclosing attorney a deed, which conveys title to the property.

Even when the sale is complete, this does not necessarily alleviate your responsibility for the debt. In most cases, the debt owed to the bank is not paid in full through this process. Proceeds from the sale are first applied for payment of any outstanding real property taxes, Next, any additional monies from the sale are applied toward payment of your debt with the mortgage lender and...if there is sufficient money....the costs involved in preserving the property and processing the foreclosure. Most of the time there is not enough money to pay 100% of these costs.

When you borrowed money to pay for the house, you signed a note for the mortgage. The auction and sale of the property does not forgive the balance of the debt that is owed to the lender. .
You still owe whatever part of the debt is not paid through the sale of your property. The mortgage lender may try to collect upon this Note obligation by suing you personally and taking a judgment against you. This debt is called a “Mortgage Deficiency”. There can also be ramifications with the Internal Revenue Service.

I always suggest to my clients to seek the advice of an attorney to educate yourself fully regarding your options and the impact of foreclosure on your future.