Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Rayandjuliec…, Home Buyer in Newark, NJ

My home in NYC is in contract , but the buyers bank will not approve mortgage until I get an architect and a CO for the 2 bedrooms on the second

Asked by Rayandjuliecoppola, Newark, NJ Tue Mar 11, 2014

story . I bought the house in 2009 and had no issues with the second story and my mortgage is with Chase Manhattan . It seems that the home was never recorded as a two story but rather a cape cod . What to do we have already gone into contract with our new house .

Answers

3
You really should be discussing the issue with your attorney, or do as necessary; most lenders will not lend without without a c/o and homeowner's insurance may not insure....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 15, 2014
You will have to file the necessary paperwork. It may not take all that long. Check with the building department and see what they require.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 12, 2014
If your buyer will be interested in discussing with a mortgage broker who generally have several lenders to go to have him/her contact me or any one that he or she may want to. In cases like this it may be possible to do the closing with buyer signing a hold harmless letter and fixing the stated issue post closing within a reasonable period of time like 90 days.
My contact information is given below in the buyer wants to discuss.