Jonathan, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

My girlfriend and I are looking to purchase a home under $100k in 78753. Are there any agents that will help us given our low purchase price?

Asked by Jonathan, Austin, TX Fri Sep 10, 2010

Hi Jonathan -

There are single family homes and certainly condos in -53 that are in your price range. Speaking for myself, I am just as happy to help a client with a $100,000 dream as the one witha $1M dream! You may want to talk to your lender though because some lenders will only handle a minimum loan. I know there are lenders who do though so a few phone calls and you are in. It's always a good idea to get pre-approved anyway. Happy Hunting!
Web Reference: http://www.joydowning.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 10, 2010
More than 30 properties are currently listed in that zip code for under 110,000. That coupled with record low rates for FHA loans...it has never been a better time to purchase a home. Send me your email and I'd be happy to send you the current listings to review.

Please let me know if I can help in any way~

Dear Jonathan: Ofcourse a good agent will go 100% for you! Just keep looking and you will find that special one!
You've been inupdated with advice from Realtors in the Austin area but the one thing I see missing from all the answers is that choosing the Realtor who fits you best is so important. You are putting your trust in that person who must work with you honestly and ethically.

If you don't feel you "click" with an agent, please do both yourself and the agent a favor and politely terminate the relationship and find an agent that you feel more at ease with....this relationship with your Realtor will be very intense for a short period of time (until you find the house and close on it) and then like any good relative, will remain in your life until no longer needed.....so after you close the Realtor services still should be available to you.

With all of that said, please check out the websites and testamonials of all the Realtors before you make your choice. We all can do the same search to find you a home so it's the extras that a Realtor brings to the buyer/realtor relationship.

I'd love to be included in your top three Realtors as you make your choice. Check out our company at http://www.homeandhearthrealty.com or call us at (512) 467-6191. And good luck on your home buying journey.
Hi J,
I just did this same thing in 2008, a joint tenant relationship and we each own the property 50/50. We got it for $79k! I think we'd work well together, feel free to email me or check out my website. I can send you a list of homes and we can go out and look at yiur favorites in person as soon as you're ready!

Taylor Shults, Realtor, GRI
Watters International Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 11, 2010
Jonathan, I just noticed the answer I posted early this morning is gone!? Nevertheless, I had found ~16 homes under $100K and some condos as well. I would be happy to help you and get you pre-approved as I mentioned earlier, all at NO cost to you. There are also some financing/down payment assistance programs you may qualify for as well. Feel free to call on me for excellent, professional advice and help in making you and your girlfriends dream a reality!! Joe Jarusinsky, REALTOR, Keller Williams Realty, Ranked #1 with HomeBuyers 3 years in a row!!!(J.D. Power & Assoc. 2010) You can hover over my photo to the right for client testimonials, contact info. etc. I also have some great free tools for Home Buyers such as yourself too!! Call me if I can help, Joe
Hi Jonathan,

I noticed Heather Kight responded to your message - she Rocks!
Hi Jonathan,

I would be happy to assist you in your home search in 78753. Please feel free to visit my website to search for available homes in the area. Also, you can set up a search that notifies you anytime there is a new listing that meets your criteria.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Steve Nusinow
I've found that a lot of times when people are looking in the under $100K price range, they often opt for a condo instead of a single family home. Perhaps this is NOT what you are looking for, but it's worth a consideration if you are open to it. Often you will get a property in much better condition (and not have to maintain the exterior) with amenities like swimming pools, and probably a better location for the same price or less than finding a comparably priced single family home.

If you are open to that, let me show you what your possibilities are.

"Condo Joe"
Real Estate Alliance, Inc.
512-203-4100 cell
I own a house in that area, feel free to contact me. I know you have had a lot of responses.
As a real estate professional, I would be happy to assist you in your home search. Depending on your income level you may qualify for downpayment assistance.

The city of Austin has a down payment assistance program and there is state and county assistance as well.

TDHCA has the Bond 77 Program as well, you can read more about it in the link provided.
Plenty of great Foreclosure inventory to look at in 78753 that would fall in your price range. And with TDHCA fully funded; you may not even need a downpayment to purchase.
Hi Jonathan,
This is a really good time to buy in that area. There are plenty of nice neighborhoods in 78753 and interest rates are VERY low right now. Here is a link to the 16 homes currently on the market under $100,000 in 78753:

I would love to take care of you guys and guide you through your endeavor. Please feel free to call, text, or email me if you have any questions or if you need anything at all. I am here to help!! Take care.

Kevin P. Scanlan
Hi Jonathan,
I worked with buyers who closed on a home in this zip code this week and I am very familiar with the area. I would be more than happy to work with you. You can search for homes on my website - see the link below. From the first page of the website just click on Search for Homes and you can search by map as well as by price. Feel free to call me and we can discuss getting prequalified and then we can get started!
Web Reference: http://www.heatherkight.net
There is one home listed right now that is just under $70,000. There are several others all priced under $100K. Jonathan, you must get pre-approved for a mortgage loan -- just like all the other great agents have advised -- before you can enter the market place.

Prudential also has hundreds of foreclosure properties available that offer generous buyer closing cost contributions from the seller. You should check those out too, particularly if you are handy with tools and can do some cosmetic repairs. They really are a good deal.

Take care,

Mary Strickler
Hi Jonathan,

I would love to help you and your girlfriend find a home in the 78753 area. My number is 512-695-5144. Let's get started on your home search!

Kristee Leonard, Broker/Owner
The Leaders Realty, LLC
512-695-5144 Cell
Hello Jonathan,

As you can see there are a lot of people willing to help. I will also ad my services. Our Team also consists of full service Mortgage broker and when we help our clients find a home we also secure financing for them with no origination charges. This can save you at least $1000 or more on this purchase price.

We always offer this service to all of our buyer clients and it really helps them keep their closing costs down to a minimum. Right now interest rates are approximately 4.125% on a 30 year mortgage and 3.5% for a 15 year.

If I can answer any questions or help you in any way please let me know. Either way good luck with your search.

Don Groff
REALTOR / Mortgage Broker
I am quite fond and familiar with that area as it is the area I bought my first house and started a family. I would be glad to help you find the perfect home. Still have a lot of friends I visit in the area, and I am very familiar with the actual builders and styles from the 60s when most of the houses were built in that area.

Warren P. Wilcox, Realtor
Classic Texas Properties
(512) 923-8161 / 609-8517
First step for any agent to work with you qualified for a home loan. Once the letter is published valid for approx. 60 days.

Keep in mind each year you own any real estate property you receive annual tax benefits

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
I can help you regardless of your budget. Feel free to contact me.
I just checked the MLS and there are currently 16 properties in 78753 that are $100k or less!

As the other agents mentioned, it's important to get pre-approved before you start shopping. I can give you the names of lenders you can contact to get this done if you are not currently working with anyone.

My passion is helping people find the home of their dreams regardless of price!

Chris Meengs
Coldwell Banker United
I would be happy to assist you in finding a home under 100k in 78753. Please call me at your convenience.
Dyron Taylor
cell: 512.791.7725
email: dyron@dyrontaylor.com
website: dyrontaylor.com
Web Reference: http://dyrontaylor.com
I'd be very happy to help you find the perfect home in your price range. Call, text or email me (info below) and let's get started! If you don't already have a lender, I can introduce you to one.
Cindy Crawford, REALTOR
Any good agent would help you finding a home in whatever price range you can afford. The question, however, is whether there are homes for sale in your desired area and within your price range. I am very dedicated to find what my clients want regardless of price of home. When you are restricted by price, it would be a good idea to be more flexible with the areas and look into other zip codes as well. The first step you should take is talk to a lender (your bank, a mortgage broker) and see if you qualify for a loan and for how much. I would be happy to recommend a couple of mortgage broker if you don't know where to start and then help you find a home.
In the end, the Reator has to abide by the buyer's wishes regardless of the purchase price. Finding a property in '53 under $100,000 may prove to be difficult, but if you want to offer even $100, the Realtor's job is to present that offer and fight for your best interests. Being an investor myself, I understand the dynamics of