Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

Zbeker, Home Owner in San Ramon, CA

My friends are encouraging me to buy a home in San Ramon. They say it has excellent schools and more businesses moving to Bishop Ranch. Your opinion?

Asked by Zbeker, San Ramon, CA Sat Jan 5, 2013

Answers

10
Sally Blaze’s answer
San Ramon is certainly a wonderful community for many people, for a variety of reasons. Schools are excellent when you look at test scores. And the attached article gives one example of an expanding business in Bishop Ranch.

Good luck in your decision making process and I hope you are able to find the community that is best for you!

Sally Blaze
Hi Zbeker,

San Ramon is an excellent area to buy, live and raise a family. It goes with out saying it has a top notch school district with excellent API scores. Besides 100's of reasons, most buyers are attracted to San Ramon for newer houses, easy freeway accessibility, clean and fresh air and excellent people!

There are tons of new businesses that have recently moved to Bishop Ranch including some great restaurants! Highly recommend you to go there for a walk!

If you take Bart to work, you're NOT in the most convenient part! Closest bart station is west Dublin and it does take at least 10 mins to get there during peak traffic hours! If you take bart to work, I would recommend you to also look into Dublin and Pleasanton.

Here is this weeks Real Estate Market Average for San Ramon:

$770,200 AVERAGE PRICE
2,060 AVG HOME SIZE
1987 AVG YEAR BUILT
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 22, 2013
Hello Zbeker,

You may have purchased a house by now, but I still wanted to respond to your question here.
San Ramon is a very good area to purchase a home. It has excellent schools as your friends have told you and if that is important to you, you should seriously consider San Ramon.

San Ramon is located in the 580 / 680 corridor. Bishop Ranch is home to many businesses and there are some very good restaurants located in San Ramon. Commute can be tricky if you are going to be driving far so you may want to look into that and make sure you are comfortable.

Hope this helps. If you have not bought yet, make sure you hook up with an agent who can help and answer all your questions before you buy.

Meena Gujral
Achievers Realty
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
925-425-9491
It totally depends on your criteria – it’s a great place to live, but there are downsides as well. As John has pointed out, there are a number of great communities in the East Bay – hook up with a buyer’s agent who will be able to go through the pros and cons of each city and neighborhood with you – then make an informed decision. Keep in mind that if you work far away, the commute will not be pleasant.
Your friend will get no arguments from me. Great schools, good variety of neighborhoods, homes and prices, good freeway access, varied leisure opportunities and very business friendly. I have been helping people to buy and sell homes here for over 12 years. People love living here.
Hi Zbeker,
It's a great place to live whether you are raising a family, or not. Great schools, lots of different neighborhoods, and conveniently located. The whole 680/580 corridor is expanding with new businesses and prospective new business. With interest rates historically low, now is a great time to start your search. Inventory is low, but we expect it to pick up as we approach Spring. Please contact me offline if interested in being placed on your own customized MLS search.
Regard and Happy New Year!
Suzanne Looker
San Ramon is a fine community with a thriving business environment and excellent schools. There is much more that goes into selecting a new home.

There are also other excellent communities in the East Bay with fine schools.
Good advice if your priorities are schools and business activity.
Weigh your pros and cons and what are most important to you. If, for example, you work in San Francisco, and you don't want a long commute....is San Ramon too far away?
Hello Zbecker,

San Ramon Valley Unified School District has the held the distinction of being the** top-ranked** large district in the state with over 9,000 students for several years. As a local Realtor, I can say that many of my clients are in fact employed within Bishop Ranch, and truly a new client is bringing his business here!

Kindest Regards,
Vickie Nagy, CA DRE#01363932, BMC Real Estate

ps-I have all the school API scores on my website
Having lived in Dublin for 15 years, I can agree with them competely:
Very desirable, and will stay so.
Good luck and may God bless