Home Buying in York County>Question Details

Cambria Bail…, Home Buyer in Manchester, PA

My fiance is buying a home. Can i co-sign after a short sale?

Asked by Cambria Bailey, Manchester, PA Mon Nov 26, 2012

I had a short sale this past year. I would like to include my income on a mortage for my fiance so we can have more options. We are trying to increase his pre approval by 15,000. Not sure if i can include my income...

Answers

3
I had a short sale last year and my Realtor recommend http://www.cfs-mortgage.com/flex for a home loan. I am very happy to be able to purchase again.
Not all lenders will look at this the same way. If you were current on all your mortgage payments (not more than 30 days late) prior to the short sale, you probably could be a co-borrower with one of our programs. If you were late on any payments, it would be viewed the same as a foreclosure and it is unlikely that you could get financed for at least 2 years after settlement. Additionally, normal qualifying standards require that you meet requirments for credit score, debt to income ratios, and down payment. The only way to know with certainty would be to run an application.
Check with your lender but I believe you will have to wait another year or so before you would be able to sign for a mortgage. That being said your lender may offer some programs that would allow you to co-sign so he/she would be your best resource.

Good Luck