Amanda, Home Buyer in 52732

My fiance and i are 20. We are looking to purchase a home in the country, no more than 4 acres. What steps should we be taking now besides saving?

Asked by Amanda, 52732 Mon Jul 30, 2012

I worry that we will never have enough money. As of right now we are living pay check to pay check. We have no credit yet as well. What are the steps we should be taking now, in order to be able to purchase a home in the future?

Answers

1
Scott Hulen’s answer
Go to your local library and check out the book “The Total Money Makeover” by Dave Ramsey. This book will offer sound advice in regard to organizing your finances, creating a budget and preparing to buy your first home. It is written with a Conservative Christian approach to personal responsibility and values. The advice offered in the book will focus on you and your family having financial discipline so that you can have a rewarding life and not be a slave to the banks and other money lenders. Many Realtors® take issue with his approach since Dave’s system focuses on saving & borrowing what you can afford (not just qualify for). This directly cuts into a Realtors® commission and sales. Good Luck to you and yours! Ps if you need further help or have questions google Dave Ramsey and look for classes in your area!
You should speak with a mortgage loan officer to determine your credit and what you will be able to be preapproved for. You can then begin looking for homes in that price range using sites like the clintonmls.com, trulia, etc.

I can put you in touch with a couple of good mortgage loan officers in our area if you are interested and help you to find what you are looking for.

Are you looking to stay within the clinton school district or are you open to DeWitt, Northeast, Camanche, etc?

Let me know!

Charlotte
563.249.9170
Flag Sun Feb 16, 2014