Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

augustina.aj…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

My fiance and I are trying to move to Houston to start our life and looking for something really nice and reasonable and also very nice neighborhood

Asked by augustina.ajayi, Houston, TX Thu Dec 12, 2013

Answers

16
Good morning Augustina,

First steps for First Time Buyers:

• Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker in person to get prequalified for mortgage financing. Thorough Prequalification includes a credit report AND review of tax returns, paystubs and bank statements.

• Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order.

• Work with an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
I would like to suggest the Northeast area, it is safe , secure, great schools, good Real Estate investment,

i have lived in this area 35 years, my children graduated from Humble, chools,

I work in Kingwood, Atascocita , Humble area,
It would be my pleasure working with you. give me a call.

Linda
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
Hi Augustina,

All of the agents that responsed to your inquiry provided you with some great information. Let me ask you a question, since you and your fiance are trying to move to Houston to start your life here together,
What's The One Thing you both want to accomplish or do in Houston?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
Start a family .. Work..
Flag Sun Dec 15, 2013
Augustina ...

Are you looking to lease or purchase? Your desire for a reasonable home in a "safe" location is pretty much what everyone wants, whether renting or buying. Realtors are prohibited from discussing whether a particular area is "safe." You can view crime stats on several websites ... I like http://www.neighborhoodscout.com. What you should find is a reverse correlation between criminal activity and the cost of housing.

We're in the midst of a sellers' market ... simply put, there are more buyers and renters looking for homes than there are properties available, resulting in steadily increasing prices. As a guideline (inexact as it may be) homes in the area begin at the $150's in surrounding communities, and become more expensive as you approach the central city ... that nice property northeast of Houston selling for about $175,000 could well run upwards of $500,000 inside the loop. As for rentals, you're looking at $1500 to $2000 for starters, depending on location.

I hope this puts matters in perspective. Please get in touch if I may be of further assistance.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
Trend Setter Realty
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Augustina, you must have already done some research on Houston and its surrounding areas to have decided to move to Houston. Please let us know when you are planning to move and also what you are ideally looking for in your new home.

Our suggestions will depend on your budget, your interests in what you want in your neighborhood and its amenities, if commute distance plays a role in your home selection, etc,. etc.

Feel free to contact me at the information below and I will be happy to discuss your options once I have a better idea of what you want, and when in the near future you will need to move in.

Best wishes on your move.

Persis
713-294-7747
REALM Real Estate Professionals
persis.realtor@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 14, 2013
Great! Welcome to Houston. I would love to show you north and northwest of Houston, We have new subdivisions and Master communities that you will fall in love with. Please call me when you arrive. I look forward to meeting you and becoming your realtor.
Becky Burdeaux
Greystone Real Estate
(281) 455-2028
Becky@2greystones.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013

I am in north east area of Houston, Kingwood, atascocita, Humble,

Great area , Great schools, Safe, stable, Good Real estate investment, traffic not as bad as other area

Would be my pleasure to help you find a home, just give me a call so we can make appointment

find out what your needs are .

Linda
Check out my and my colleagues websites to find the Buyer's Agent you feel most comfortable with.

I have bought sold and leased all over the Houston Metro area and will be happy to help.

Send me an email with your criteria, and I can send you a list of my best local lenders, or applications and instructions for leasing a property.

Either way, Houston is a great place to work and live.
Welcome to Houston ! My wife and I moved to Hiuston two years ago and we are glad we did. Best decision ever . I truly understand what you are going through, the excitement, worries, concerns , etcetera. We were very lucky we met an awesome Realtor that assisted us finding our home. I want to be that Realtor for you and help you achieve your real estate goals.
Please call. E directly at 832-732-9076 thank you.
Randall Peraza
Randall.peraza@carringtonres.com
Hi Augustina,

Congratulations on your move to Houston! Houston is expanding fast, and it's also a great city to live in in terms of employment rate as well as cost of living. Prior to your moving, you should first get pre qualified to determine what your price range is for a home. Once you have the pre approval letter out of the way, you can begin your search. I would love to help you out. I can also help you in leasing out a place if you choose to do that first. Give me a call when you are ready.

Thanks and Good Luck!
Sahar Samadian
Serve Realty Professionals
832-741-3120
Hi Augustina,

It's great that you are considering moving to Houston. It's a great place to live. Lots to do and people are very friendly. I encourage you to work with a lender to get a preapproval because almost all sellers will not consider your offer unless a preapproval is submitted with the offer. Second, I encourage you to get to know different areas of Houston to decide where you want to live. Once you find an area you want to live, work with a realtor that knows that area to guide you through the home buying process.

If you decide to live in Katy or the far west side of Houston, please contact me at 281-889-5743. I wish you the best with your move.

Lynn Ridley
Houston Best Realty
Would suggest northwest Houston. A wide range of prices, new construction also available. Values expected to go up over the next 10 years as Highway 290 is expanded and the completion of the Grand Parkway that runs through the area. Good schools as well.

Let us know if we can assist you. As always, try to get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start looking at homes!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hi Augustina,

I would love to help you find your new home! I live and work in Katy area and it is a great place to live. Please feel free to contact me and I will send you the list of properties that match your criteria.

Robert Kandiyoti
RE/MAX Real Estate Associates
robertk@remax.net
To begin with, talk with a lender and get preapproved for a loan so you will know what price range to be looking in. Then contact a REALTOR® to get subdivision and school information as well as traffic/travel time information to your jobs. There are lots of nice areas in and around Houston and it is a very large area so deciding where you are going to live is essential in determining your search areas. My website has lots of good tools to help you with your search.

I would be happy to assist you with your search, just give me a call or send me an email and we can get started.

(713) 455-9166
hspersky@gmail.com
Hello. Depending on what part of the city you and your finance will be working, there are several, nice areas throughout the Greater Houston. Please give me a call at (281)213-7287 or MSL_Realtor@yahoo.com and I would love to assist you in finding the right home. Welcome to our city. Best regards, Monnalise
What area of Houston will you be working when you get to Houston? Contact me @ pbeaulier@century21.com for additional information on the areas that may work for you and your fiance.