Home Buying in Bellevue>Question Details

J W, Home Buyer in Bellevue, WA

My fiance and I are getting married in the summer and trying to decide between renting or first time home purchase in Bellevue area.

Asked by J W, Bellevue, WA Fri Feb 7, 2014

$80k combined income, over 700 FICO score, first time home buyers. We see ourselves living here for at least the next 5 years, depending on my career path (going on 3 years for Bellevue tech firm).

Bellevue housing market notorious for bullying out first-timers in my price range. Do I have a shot for any property that will hold its value?

Answers

7
8/4/2014

JW - hi there ....I am following up to see how your decision turned out ? thanks and all the best

Dave Skow
206 714 9745
daveskow@eaglehm.com
You should consider buying because with the market as hot as it is, it could truly become an investment for you. I have been working in the Windemere bellevue South office for over 20 years and would be happy to show you around and/or answer any questions. 425-466-7772
JW, congrats on the future wedding and looking to buy your first home. I would encourage to seek out and have a conversation with a Realtor who has a foundation in the Bellevue area. I see that a couple agents have responded which gives you a good start! If you would like access to my Rolodex I could point you in the direction of several amazing agents who would love to help you. I concur with another response in which has you buying over renting due to your time frame. Now the key is to start assessing your situation to see how much you can afford and putting that into search parameters.

Please feel free to email me or call me if you have any questions.

Christopher Watkins
Division President / Mortgage Loan Officer
Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation
NMLS -- 555103
503.804.4379 / chris.watkins@thedrmc.com
3/21/2014

JW - hi there ...I thought I would touch base to see if the house hunting idea is taking shape yet?...feel free to call or email with any needs or questions ...thanks ...

Dave Skow
Since you know you will be staying here for at least 5 years, I think it is obvious that you would want to buy. Your monthly payment for the same type of living space will be less on a purchase then for a rental. And, it will not change for 5 years. Can't say that for a rental. If you are concerned about cost, you might want to consider moving, north, south, or east a little as prices will be better. I would be happy to consult with you any time if you want to get in touch with me directly. I first thing I do with first time buyers is send you paperwork & articles to read & then meet with you to discuss the buying process fro start to finish so that you are comfortable with going through.

Please contact me directly if you are interested.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac

Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
I firmly believe now is a great time to buy, with real estate values that are still amazing and interest rates still hovering at historically low rates -- how can you go wrong? With the added tax benefits you will secure as a homeowner I simply can't understand why people are renting in today's market.

With all that said, we have put together a number of blog posts on the common question of "Rent Vs Buy" and I encourage you to check it out: http://www.betterseattlehomes.com/blog/tag/rent-vs-buy/

Additionally, here is a link to all Bellevue Real Estate: http://www.betterseattlehomes.com/results-gallery/?status=A&… and information for First Time Homebuyers: http://www.betterseattlehomes.com/blog/tag/first-time-homebuyers/

Best of Luck!
JW,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'd love the opportunity to help you. Bellevue and the surrounding areas can be competitive for first time buyers, but if you don't compete you can't win.
There are many keys to successfully competing in this environment. Just about anything you buy right could be in great shape in 5 years, however it takes the right strategy to identify all the factors to make you buy well and are set.
Since you are planning for 5 years or more, I would encourage you to buy over rent. The market is seeing sharp increases in value and rates are still fantastic. Please let me know if you would like my help, I have great resources for the first time buyer.