Home Buying in Saint Paul>Question Details

anwearne, Home Buyer in Little Falls, MN

My family may be moving from Little Falls, MN to the twin cities. I was wondering if there was anywhere comparable to the living cost of Little Falls

Asked by anwearne, Little Falls, MN Sun Jul 20, 2014

We have 2 kids and are looking for a single family home under $125,000. I would like to be in an above average school district if possible.

Answers

2
@anwearne,

The fact is, there are no single family homes in the Twin Cities with access to above average schools at this price point, you may be able to find good schools in a more rural part of town and a little further out, but in today's market, this price point will only be found in a financially depressed areas with below than average schooling.

Education always starts at home, and a mediocre school can be a great learning experience as long as the children are getting positive reinforcement around the dinner table, are taught to surround themselves with great people, and get involved in extra-curricular actives.

If your biggest concern is your home price, then just factor in some time to help your children excel and you'll be able to send them to a below than average school and still get extremely positive education results, remember, all schools can raise their standards with involved families, make sure you take the time in getting to know your teachers, and other families as often as you can, the more you know the other families, the more you can keep an eye out on your teachers' performance.

We always get out what we put in, we can create strong neighborhoods.
There are houses out there in the Twin Cities for that price. Are you open to townhome or a fixer upper? What type of loan do you plan to use to buy a property? These are important questions to answer before moving forward with a home search. I'd be happy to send you some listing, if I can get your phone number or email. My number is 6512351181.
Kari