Khan, Home Buyer in Pembroke Pines, FL

My daughter will be attending NOVA. We are considering La Via NW 96 th Pembroke Pines, FL. How safe area it is? How can I learn more about HOA?

Asked by Khan, Pembroke Pines, FL Thu Apr 26, 2012

Answers

9
La Via in Pembroke Pines is a guard gated condo community close to all the amenities that Pembroke Pines has to offer - shops, restaurants, hospitals etc. with great access to highways and about a 15 minute drive to Nova. It's a great location!

Donald has given you a good idea of the monthly fees, but in order to make sure that you and your daughter find the perfect place, I strongly recommend you work with a local full time, professional Realtor. This way, you will have the necessary information on the associations, their approval processes, etc. and someone to narrow down the choices and negotiate the best deal for you.

If you would like to see some units in La Via, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll be happy to set this up for you. I have lived and worked in Pembroke Pines for the last 15 years and know this area extremely well.

I hope this helped.

With best regards,

Angela
Villa G Realty, Inc.
tel: 954-816-7996
Web Reference: http://www.villagrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 26, 2012
Angela,
You know this community is on the decline. Be honest please. Wrecked cars all over the parking lot, tree branches everywhere.
Flag Thu May 3, 2012
La Via is in a very safe area of Pembroke Pines, between Sheridan and Taft close to University Drive. The surrounding communities, Boulevard heights, Driftwood acres are older very quiet and peaceful places to live.This is a condo complex with good amenities, club house, exercise room, pool and Tennis and fees are relatively low $244 per month for a 1/1 and $282 per month for a 2/2. There are only 6 units listed for sale including a 2/2 for $55k and a 1/1 for $49,900.00 These two are short sales and final prices will depend on the the prices approved by the lending banks.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 26, 2012
Donald, Donald, Donald. I'm going to be nice. Boiulevard Heights and Driftwood acres safe? Between Sheridan and Taft? Donald, Donald, Donald. Obviously you dont even know where the community is.
Flag Thu May 3, 2012
The area is a great family area...somewhere you don't mind calling home.
DONT RECOMMEND LA VIA CONDO!

MANAGMENT IS THE WORST! CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS AND THEY MAKE YOU WAIT A MONTH BEFORE MOVING!!

DO NOT MOVE THERE.. Tust me .. They will make your life a living hell!!!
La Via Condominiums it’s a community that offer a lot of positive things, like the security guards in place, the community it’s gated, and the management there it’s doing a fair job, in keeping up the place.
Also by being on Pines BLVD in Pembroke Pines Fl. It makes it very convenient to drive to NOVA University, or to take the bus.
I live close by and never had an unpleasant incident, however, even walking down the street outside the community, everyone need to be cautious with people around you, just like in other areas around.
First I want you to know that I currently have no listings in La Via and I'm not invloved with this community other than in my duties as a licensed Realtor, I have no personal interest in this community. My office deals with all of the communities in this area.

Willie my office was a block away from this community as well and I do not agree with you. I just placed another client at La Via this week and they were thrilled to move into this community. maybe you can elaborate on your opinion with specific examples. By the way La Via offers larger than usual bedrooms and the ammenities are equal or better that most of the other communities. It also has 24 Hr security and it is gated like the more expensive communities. I would live there if It were convenient to my needs. The maintenance is ongoing and they keep the grounds in good condition. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience there, but like many communities in the area that have felt the economic downturn, La Via has rebounded and as far as I know has a healthy HOA.
The Pembroke Pines Police Department is across the avenue from La Via but so is City Hall which is just down the street. I would not berate other professionals for not having the same opinion as you. If you work across the street from La Via are you referring to the Palms of Pembroke or The Palms Condos next to La Via?
Ok Khan. Enough of the realtor B.S. LaVia used to be a very nice community but is steadily on the decline. Out of all the answers you've gotten, Miguel's is the most accurate. I work right across the street from the complex and would not consider it a good place for my freshman daughter to reside in. The great thing about the community is that it's across the street from the Police station and there are many ammenities surrounding the place. But, on the flip side it's not recommended and also ask some of the realtor's posting comments and fighting for your business if they will reside there. Even better if they would have their daughter reside in that community. I can guaranty there will be a difference response. I also noted one realtor (Don) stating that the community is between Sheridan and Taft. Actually, it's on Pines Blvd. south of both those streets. Obviously he doesn"t know the neighborhood.
Congratulations on your daughter's attendance to Nova. My daughter will be graduating this year, also from Nova, and she really enjoyed it.

All good answers, but do you want to buy or do you want to rent? If you wish to rent then you don't have to pay a monthly HOA fee. La Via is a nice community our company does a lot of business there.
Khan,
Good morning. I agree with the two previous comments of my fellow coleagues, however, it is too hard for someone who doesn't know your likes and dislikes if a particular community will work for you and your family. To be honest with you I don't really like being close to University Dr since east of that main street the neighborhood is completely different and sometimes bringing unwanted people to the sorrow ding areas. If my daughter was going to nova university I will not buy a unit there for her to live by herself. Depending on your budget I will say there are other options west of flamingo rd which in my opinion is a better location.

Hope this works for you...

Miguel W. Maria, P.A. CDPE, TRC, e-PRO
Weichert, Realtors - Best Beach
786.897.6325
Miguel - La Via is located on Pines Boulevard in Pembroke Pines, not University in Davie where the school is.
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012