Home Buying in Fort Collins>Question Details

djmisc77, Home Buyer in Fort Collins, CO

My daughter is moving to FC - may buy house for 1st-time. Price is $150-175K. Not a student. Any ideas on stable, improving, o/o neighborhoods?

Asked by djmisc77, Fort Collins, CO Thu Mar 21, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3102127032-4345-Gemstone-Ln-F…

Answers

11
DJMISC, the property that AZWoman is posting below sounds like a great investment, but you should contact her quickly, as these units are selling in days, if not hours, right now. This is a very hot market for homes under $200K, and with an HOA that inexpensive, it will go fast. Best of luck!
I'm getting ready to sell my townhouse in SE Ft Collins. It is the center unit of a well built three unit, so noise is minimal. In a previously unincorporated area, so no sidewalks. Minimal HOA fees, $72/quarter for common area maintenance. 3 bedrooms, 1 and 3/4 bath. Small yard, perfect for single woman (as I am) upkeep. Less grass, more plants and flowers. Great neighbors, quiet neighborhood. Close to Harmony and College. Bought 7 years ago for $172K. Let me know if you have any questions. azwoman99@yahoo.com
Hi, how far away is your place from CSU-we are about ready to sign a lease for a townhome, but we are somewhat interested in buying because our daughter will be there for approximately 5 more years. She plans to apply to the vet program next year. What is your asking price & I would love to see photos. Thank You!!
Flag Thu Jun 20, 2013
This is very competitve price range. What do you need in a home?

Anthony Smith
P 970-308-4871
Just give me a quick call, have several clients in the same situation and we can discuss what I shared with them.

Luke Angerhofer 'Not all agents are created equal'
Owner / REALTOR / Appraiser
Phone: (970) 690-2509
Email: Luke@PrestigioColorado.com
http://www.PrestigioColorado.com
Good morning -

Fort Collins offers several great neighborhoods. It is such a hot market right now that homes are selling quickly.

We would love to offer our services to your daughter. We have several great perks we like to offer our clients such as the free use of our moving truck, or our VIP home search program that will automatically send her homes as soon as they are put up for sale and match what she is looking for. This program is another great way to become familiar with the Ft. Collins market and see what homes are selling for in the area. We also have a relocation packet of Ft. Collins that we would be happy to send you.

Please feel free to give us a call!

Team Cook
970-532-2695
A newer townhome or condominium in SE Fort Collins should make a solid investment. It would be good to have your broker survey areas for upcoming listings since these are selling quickly.
One of the best ways to determine if a neighborhood is right for your daughter is to take a close look at your short , midterm, and long term goals. If this is a community where your daughter will be making a long term commitment (5 years or more) then there's a good chance the appreciation rate will be pretty good throughout the community as a whole.

One of the most important factors in determining the right fit is a combination of lifestyle needs as well as future resale value. It might even be worthwhile to rent for a short while to get a feel for which part of the Choice City is right for her. With inventory levels creating highly competitive situations, many buyers don't have the luxury of time to make a fully informed decision on the neighborhood that is "just right". My wife and I are huge proponents of finding the right fit as well as the right house and the only way to do that is through an informal but comprehensive interview process as well as a thorough physical tour of the city.

We would be happy to provide these services at no charge to your daughter when she arrives in town so that she (and you) are comfortable with a housing decision that is right for everyone concerned.

Chris and Pat Hardy
970-988-6319
DJMISC, I wish to offer the best of luck to your daughter, as she is coming into a great community, and one which is very much desired right now. That being said, while there are "few" properties on the market right now, there are the right properties, if she knows where to look. I would suggest that she gets in touch with a great Buyer's Agent and has him/her help to make sure that any properties that come on the market get e-mailed to her within 24 hours of listing.

Once you find that agent, make sure that she has the representation to protect her. I will say that a good Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR) will make sure that she is protected throughout the sale. If she's looking for an ABR, I'd be happy to help make sure that she's getting the most for her money.

Oh, and please make sure that she uses my website, http://www.HawaiianShirtGuy.com to find all available properties in the Front Range of Colorado. Oh, and there's no charge or obligation for using the site!

Thanks for your time, and best of luck for your daughter!

Sean
There are a few neighborhoods in Fort Collins that the home prices are in that range. But, the homes are selling very, very quickly when the come on the market. The last three real estate contracts I have written have been on homes in similar or just higher price ranges and the homes were not even listed yet. Sometimes it helps to work someone who will work not only the active properties but ties into their database of clients and past clients as well as someone who works for a larger brokerage where a lot of networking among the brokers helps put buyers and sellers together. If you want to find out more please let me know.
Web Reference: http://www.RandyEwan.com
The Fort Collins area is stable in general. The challenge she will face in the current market is our low inventory and the fast moving market particularly in the price range she is in. Just be sure she doesn't rush into her purchase and does her home work before making an offer. I don't think she can go wrong anywhere in Fort Collins. Her agent will be able to help her get to know the City and the areas where she will most likely find the type of home she desires. It's a process that requires patience and there is much to learn but, owning is far better and cheaper than renting in our area right now. I wish her a happy home purchase journey.
There are lots of great neighborhoods in Fort Collins. Perhaps looking in the subdivisions of Waterglen, Provincetown or Warren Farms would be an option. It is best to know about new listings as soon as they come on the market as this is a highly competitive price point in Fort Collins. Feel free to contact me through my website and I can send you all the new listings that meet your criteria as soon as they come on the market!