Debbie, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

My dad left me his house in south Philadelphia, I want to sell it.

Asked by Debbie, Atlanta, GA Sat Nov 24, 2012

I hear all these stories about realtors who are nightmares. What do I look for in choosing someone. I am afraid of drama and being taken advantage of. What are your thoughts.

Answers

4
Eric Axelson’s answer
Hi Debbie, first, I am sorry for your loss.

Second, I can understand your concern about hiring an inexperienced and unethical Realtor. All I can tell you is to interview a few agents and go with your gut. You want to make sure they have listed, marketed & sold estates before. Ask for proof/references!

All that said, I recently sold 2 estates and would be happy to interview with you on the phone and provide you with references.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
Ask friends and family if they know anyone they can recommend. If that does not work you can call up a brokerage such as Re/max and request an agent. Maybe you would like someone who is a hard worker but easy going. Think of the qualities you want and they should be able to find someone who will fit well with your needs. I know a couple of wonderful agents in Philadelphia. Just let me know if you would like more info.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
Not all agents are created equal....ask people you may know for referrals, or or consider contacting and interviewing in person a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
You said the magic wards "I want to sell it" now all the good and not so good agents will want to list the property. First you need to Interview agents to hire. You will be paying them to work for you long distance. so after you interview them tell them to send you a Competitive Market Analysis with market history for past 6 months arrange for someone in Philadelphia to let them take some pictures and see the inside of the property ask them for their PA real estate license number and check it with the Pa Department of State to ensure that it is current and for any violations. This is important because your not meeting face to face. Then check the competitive market analysis to make sure that all comparative properties are no more then .3 to .5 miles from your property. Another question is ask how many out of state settlements and sales they have done and for those references and don't believe that you have to come to Philadelphia for settlement. Some things you may need are a certified copy of the death cert. and a letter from the protonotary unless you have transferred title into your name the best person to speak with is an Attorney. As you can see it is more involved then just listing the property this is one of the types of sale I do and feel very comfortable doing so please call me in my office at 215-725-5700 X49 so we may speak in person there is no obligation for the phone call.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012