August Spill…, Renter in Beach, VA

My apartment lease is up in November, when...

Asked by August Spillers, Beach, VA Tue Jun 5, 2012

should I start to contact R.E. professional re a property and be serious about it; how many months out? I have pretty good credit, I own a house I am renting out and am VA eligible if necessary.

Answers

4
I am currently am working with clients who are in the same boat. Their lease is up November 15th. We just submitted an offer today! We are asking to close at the end of October (their last rental payment is due November 1st). Their first mortgage payment will be due in December. Translation: It is time! Call if I can help you with this one 724-3390.
Start checking around and find an agent with whom you feel comfortable, and feel their assistance will be an asset to you in the search of your new home.

We have many great new constructions homes which can be had for a great price, as well we have access to any home offered by any other company. Call anytime and see why we were rated Best of the Best for 2012 by the Virginian Pilot.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I say 'no time like the present'... Its a good idea to start watching the neighborhoods or communities your are interested in. This way you can start to see trends. Knowing how your favorite neighborhoods trend will help you to make an informed and timely decision . **I had a client earlier this spring come to town for house hunting. They didn't actually need to move until this summer but they found a home that they fell in love with. As it turns out the current owner was not in a hurry to move. This allowed my clients to put and offer in and ask the current owners if they wanted to stay in the home as a short-term renter. it worked out great for all parties. There are lots of way to crack the nut ;)
Hey August. I would recommend calling an agent anytime now. In this situation, I think that starting to look at homes a few months before you are moving is enough time. It depends on how your Realtor works. Good luck to you!