Home Buying in Maryland>Question Details

Zushi123, Home Buyer in Maryland

My Realtor (buyer agent) turn to be seller agent...

Asked by Zushi123, Maryland Sat Apr 24, 2010

Technically , I’m not sign a buyer agreement yet. Because my realtor told me he dose not push to sign.

Well, I asked specific lot that I was interesting to buy. He happen to know a person who sell the lot (provider). He told me the provider will pay his commission. At this point, I asked is he going to be the seller agent for him. He said NO. That was few months ago.

Now I saw his name on lot sign. Again, I asked him about seller agent. Now he said "Yes. But I can prepare all your paperwork." Next day, he said, I can be your buyer agent the provider permits him not to be a seller agent on the lot.

I know no matter what I have to bring another buyer agent for my safe. But can he really do that? Probably he will prepare all paper work for the provider. Just like he told me a day before. And he pretend he is representing as my buyer agent.

What is a point??? If you know anything about this, could you give me tip? Thank you.

Answers

3
Zushi,

You need to find yourself another buyers agent preferrably one from another firm that will protect your interest. I really do not understand exactly how the situation is but if you are interested in this lot find yourself your own agent from another real estate agency in order to avoid dual agency.

Best of luck.
Web Reference: http://www.EcoHomesGA.com
You want to find someone who can look out for your best interests. Find a new agent who is loyal and you can trust.
You seem to have a pretty good understanding of what's happening. I suggest you get a Realtor to represent YOU!