Home Buying in Redlands>Question Details

Leonora Thom…, Home Buyer in Loma Linda, CA

My FHA home foreclosed in 2009. Unable to contact of spouse for Quit Claim Deed. Can I still get a loan?

Asked by Leonora Thomas, Loma Linda, CA Fri Feb 8, 2013

My FHA home was foreclosed in 2009. I am trying to buy a new home. A Lender states my paperworks looked good, however, a spousal Quit Claim Deed must be done. My spouse and I have been separated since 1991. I dont know of his whereabouts, and letters were returned unanswered

Answers

3
Hello again,

I hope the answer I gave you, on the other question you posted, will help you. It is always best to get this straightened out before you purchase. Otherwise, you will have to take care of it later and it may create other issues.

Please keep me posted on how things are going
Maybe it's time you got a divorce
Boy, that's an Attorney question. I have seen a case like this once, but I can't comment on what you will need to do since I am not an Attorney. But I can tell this, it took a while to go through the legal procedure.

Best of Luck!