Winningflyer, Home Buyer in Orange Park, FL

My DH may be relocating to FL to work in Valrico, FL to assist in a consulting business there. I am trying to understand property taxes which seem

Asked by Winningflyer, Orange Park, FL Mon Mar 4, 2013

lower than where we own in TX. We have split taxes between counties for municipal services in one and schools in the other county. Our mortgage payments are never figured out correctly and we end up having our house payments raised almost every two years if the mortgage service changes. Are there situations like that in FL NEAR Valrico, because taxes featured for homes in the $200K are lower than our near $5k bills.

Answers

3
Hi Winning,

Yes, our taxes a typically lower for any price point in Florida. The tax is determined by the Millage rate set by the county the property is in. They only HUGE jump we may see is when someone buys a new house that was just built. Banks are not too bright and they will escrow based on the previous years taxes and if the property was a vacant lot the taxes were very minimal, when the new taxes come due later the property gets reassessed and then the escrow is woefully short. There are ways around this but like I said banks are not to bright

Good Luck

J.D."Dan" Weisenburger
Broker-Assoiciate
Realtor®
I On Real Estate & Investments
(904) 553-0079
danw@realestatebyion.com
Hello and thank you for your reply. I guess I mixed up the intention of the question by giving too much information on what we have encountered in TX, which really has nothing to do with the info we seek on FL RE taxes.

We are paying about $4500k in total property taxes for the home here in TX. I notice that taxes have been less in FL the last few years, which, at first glance, is attractive. However, I believe those lower taxes were assessed on the declining real estate market there, ie, houses devalued, assessed taxes lower. With the slow bounceback of the market there, I want a better idea of what property taxes are on a 200k home in Valrico (which has CDD, right?), Brandon, or Riverview. It's important to us to make sure we have a better idea of what our VA loan monthly payment will be BEFORE we move forward. IF taxes are the same, we will more relaxed at the thought of paying the same amount in a house payment as we do in TX ($1285.00 per month). If that's not the case, we may rent for 6 months to a year before buying so that we don't commit ourselves to something we can't afford.
Winningflyer,

I live and work in Valrico and have never heard of the bill changing that bad. We do have caps on how much the tax can change from year to year. I would love to talk with you and try to answer your questions about Valrico and the surrounding areas. Please feel free to call me at 813-352-6219 or email me at THoyt@prutropical.com. Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message that way if it is easier.

No pressure, just help.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty