Home Buying in Oak Lawn>Question Details

Moving-to-da…, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Must move to Dallas 6/1/09 -- hoping to find a high rise apartment with a great southern / corner view,

Asked by Moving-to-dallas, Dallas, TX Fri Apr 10, 2009

floor to ceiling windows, pool -- SWF 49, responsible, serious, 720 credit rating, no kids, no pets, don't even cook! -- but clueless about the Dallas market and worried that I'll wind up somewhere noisy and/or isolated or both. Would love to find a realtor who can help. BTW, if I love the place I will want to buy -- just prefer to rent first. Planning a trip to Dallas in ten days and have to find something so I can decide what to bring with me (I'm currently renting a two bedroom apartment, but could downsize to even a large studio if the building and view are right. I promise I won't waste anyone's time. THANKS!!!

Hi Home buyer - I'm in the same situation SWF 39- coming next week to look around. Already working with a realtor. Just curious- which area did you decide on?
I would be happy to send you lease's and show you the area's and help you to lease a place in Dallas! However, interest rates with a 720 could be as low as 4.875%. There is also an $8,000 CREDIT (tax credit) through 12/1/09. Like playing chess, consider the move you make carefully. If leasing to learn the area is top priority, then lease. However, if your strategy is to increase your equity, the$8k tax credit along with the low interest rates and the current market conditions and prices make now the best time to buy. Even Donald Trump is buying up everything he can! Dallas is exciting, hope you will love it. See my blog about the city!

Email me and I would be happy to help you out!
Nicole Arenas
nicolearenas @ ymail . com

Web Reference: http://activerain.com/nicolearenas

The Metropolitan has terrific downtown views. #2106 is a corner unit with southwest views. #1604 at The Renaissance on Turtle Creek is a corner unit with Northeast views -- but the views are of Lee Park, Turtle Creek and Downtown Dallas.
one other thing you mentioned is sweeping views. on the turtle creek buildings you are gonna have a better shot at that without paying much more for it. Many of the units in the downtown buildings are probably not going to have views because of their proximity to the other buildings around. The cluster of buildings around the turtle creek area and even victory park would be you best bet to achieve the views aspect.
Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
There is quite a selection of rentals and sales available in both of those building in particular that are in your price range. My only concern with the tax credit though is if you make more than 75k a year. That be the case you would not qualify. Either way a purchase right now with interest rates the way they are is still a smart decision. I look forward to the opportunity to talk to you in person and discuss your situation.

I dont believe that either of those building you spoke of would have a high number of kids if any at all. Neither of them you are really going to have to worry about being to close to any late night scene. The downtown area does have a nice selection of bars and eateries but nothing that is obnoxious at all. As far as the turtle creek area I think you may enjoy the nearby nature of the parks a little more. With the 1200 Main location you are pretty much surrounded by city. Once again I would be happy to clear my schedule for whatever day you would like to look and can immediately send you links for everything available for rent and for sale.

Sorry not to have been more clear -- I currently pay $2,200 in rent but see apartments as low as $1350 that seem possible, which leads me to think I should consider buying this year while the tax credit is in place. Here is what is most important: sweeping highrise open views, preferably from a corner apartment. Relatively quiet heated pool not overwhelmed by apartments on all sides. A pleasant walk from the apartment to the elevator, and then to the parking space (I only need one). A relatively convenient commute to the Dallas Design Center, where my company is opening a showroom. In a perfect world I would need to go down in square feet, find a corner (I love light from more than one side), and the owner would be willing to consider a sale by year end. If I go for an apartment that rents for $2,200, it is less likely that I will be able to afford to buy it. I am considering getting pre-approved -- my limit would be around $280,000 as I am looking to make a 10% deposit. If any of you know of deals that might be suitable, please let me know. I really want to be somewhere calming -- a "scene" or kids running around will be the worst possible thing for me -- so I am looking for some information that may be too specific to post here. I am hoping to find a realtor who has seen most of what's available already, so I can get help on eliminating things that may look good but would be painfully unsuitable. I can just see this corner apartment -- I know it's out there somewhere. BTW, I like 1200 Main (some of the units are airy corners) and think there may be something at 3225 Turtle Creek (but there are so many listings it is hard to keep track, PLUS, the building may not be right for me). Hope this helps -- again, anyone who has been in and out of the actual buildings and wants to share the information will get my phone number -- I will only have a day to look and then decide, which is why I think it makes sense to find a unit that is ultimately for sale, but that the owner is willing to rent. My current landlord is Kamson, and I also have repaid in full two mortgages. Thanks again. /g
We work with tenants and buyers in Downtown Dallas markets have many satisfied clients.

DIRECT LINK: approx. 1000 Dallas Hi rise apartments for rent.

Few start questions:
a) Monthly budget, specifications will govern on how to run your search.
b) Upon that info. work with on your search.
c) Lease option purchase also a factor depends on many issues.

I am Dallas realtor and a loan officer "one stop shopping for all your real estate services"

I love the downtown area, amazing some of floor plans made available based on lifestyle

Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor, and Credit Repair Consultant -
The Michael Group - "Dallas Business Journal 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer - Homewise Lending
Dallas Real Estate Office: (972) 699-9111
Dallas Real Estate Website: http://www.lynn911.com 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale
Welcome to Dallas. My group would be glad to help you find rental property in Dallas. We are all Dallas Natives so there is not much of the area we do not know. Our office is close to most of the area highrise buildings'

You can learn more about us at http://www.DallasNative.com or call 214-535-8377
MaryBeth Harrison
The Harrison Group
Web Reference: http://www.DallasNative.com
Hi there! Welcome to the Big D! My home all my life! I'd be happy to help ya take a look at the city, educate you on area's, demographics, convenience's, and everything you need to know to make an informed decision! Our high rise's here are going to be in uptown and also in Addison/N.Dallas area.

First, I would like to hear about what's important to you, unless you have already listed it all here. Then, I would like to meet with you and show you properties that match your criteria on a map and online if you would prefer and then go look at them. I am here to answer your questions. As we drive Dallas, you will see the area's and view the properties and can get a really good feel for Dallas and where you want to be.

Depending upon what your budget to rent is and where you choose, you might not have to downsize!
Feel free to call me and let's get started!

Nicole Arenas
I would love to help you in either renting or buying. I would be happy to send you all the listings available if you will email. An added bonus when working with me, my lack of a large name broker allow me to rebate 20% of my commission to my buyers. However I have helped many relocations rent first and they have all come back to me to buy when the time was right.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to helping you
RJ Avery