Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Sanoka.keys, Home Buyer in Park Forest, IL

Ms. Keys, Renter in Chicago, Illinois Needs Help In Repairing My Credit.

Asked by Sanoka.keys, Park Forest, IL Wed Apr 3, 2013

I recently applied for a mortgage and got denied. I need to no if paying off negative hospital bills will lower my credit score or boost it?

Answers

3
Paying off any debts is in general always good, but did the lender let you know why your application for a mortgage was denied? Was the amount of loan needed to buy the property you were interested in too
high? Or was your income too low, and or your current outstanding expenses, like hospital bill, credit cards etc. etc. too high compared to your current income. There could be many reasons, but you need
to sit with a good local lender and look at your credit score and your income, and your outstanding
obligations, and then the lender could give you some helpful advice...

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Hi Ms. Keys,

Paying off bills and credit cards will boost your score. I can put you in touch with a lender that can give you a strategy to improve your credit.

Ivan Sagel
@properties
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com

I always appreciate your referrals…
Speak to your lender who denied you.

Usually paying off and/or correcting negative info on your credit report has a very positive effect on your scores.