Home Buying in Boca Raton>Question Details

Jwilkie5712, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

Moving to new job at FAU in Mid September. Really need to find a place fast.

Asked by Jwilkie5712, Boca Raton, FL Thu Sep 1, 2011

Household goods arriving 19 Sept. Rent a year? Rent to own? Income in 150,000. However, small cash on hand. enough for 1st month rent and deposit of around 1,700 per month. Would like at least 3/2. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Answers

17
Dear J Wilkie,

I wish you well with your new employment. Rentals usually consist of firstmonth, last month and security. Being at 1700.00 per month means you will nees to multiply this amount by three to have enough money for a rental. Also, since you need a place fast, look for a single family home. good luck!

Susan Penn, PA, SFR, CDPE, EWM Realtor
http://www.susanpenn.com
Jwilkie5712,

Congratulations on your new job and welcome to the neighborhood. Did you have a property. There are some great rental properties available. I would suggest Lands End, it's a great townhome community near FAU.

Let me know if I can help out.
Sincerely yours,
Jennifer Sommers
Acting in haste can create waste. Patience is more than a virtue in your case and saving for a higher deposit is an other. Spending less now could mean saving more with time.
I favor a purchase when the cost of monthly expenses are less that rental values. We have learned I hope that there is little difference in renting or paying for a mortgage. You have a landlord in both cases.
Control comes with good sense and with purpose. To arrive to your goal there may be sacrifices on one thing or another. You could rent with little or no sacrifices a beautiful home that you would not be able to afford to own.
Many people came to that conclusion. So options to own comes with a price and terms that you need to be careful with. Keep it simple and find a nice place and rent for a while.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011
I would suggest renting the first year in Boca and I have a few areas in mind that is close to FAU. Since my son in a Senior there this year, I can tell you the best way to get there in the morning traffic. There will be more Bank-Owned properties that will be coming on the market this year and you can decide the area that you like best during the first year here. Email me at patroseboom@keyes.com or call 954-254-8941 and I would be happy to help you.
There are a lot of excellent agents to choose from to find a rental in the FAU area. My biggest suggestion to you would be to speak to some of the staff of FAU to see what area's they are living in. Knowing several people who are on staff and professors at the university, they are a treasure trove of information on commute times and areas that they live in. Even better, as it is a close knit community, someone may have an option for you to stay on a short term basis, so you have time to save up for a deposit for something truly wonderful that you can enjoy and get a great deal on. Don't rush to get into someplace you have to stay for a year. Get yourself a temporary short term rental, like a Residence Inn or through your contacts at the University. Then get with an agent and because there are some wonderful investment opportunities in great neighborhoods, but don't go too far West (traffic is a killer to get east in the mornings)....better to be in Delray Beach with a great downtown vibe or Deerfield for a great deal and work on the i95 corridor to get to campus in the mornings.

Best of luck with your new job and in your search for housing.

Jennifer Kilpatrick
Corcoran Group
561-573-2573
Please give me a call so that we can discuss this further. I'm sure I can find you a place to rent. My cell # is 561-445-8743.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
http://www.BuySellBoca.com
Web Reference: http://www.BuySellBoca.com
I have 7 rental properties in delray beach and boca raton that fit what you're looking for in terms of space and price and relative proximity to FAU. I would have sent them to you directly but there is no e-mail attached to your inquiry. Please e-mail me with your e-mail and I will send the rentals to your attention.

Once you have viewed the various areas, you can decide whether you would like to work with me or any of the other excellent realtors who have (or will have, within the next couple of hours) answered your inquiry.

Thank you.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
Realty Associates
jablonteam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Web Reference: http://www.JablonTeam.com
Jwilkie,

Lots of great opportunities within an easy commute to the FAU campus. So much depends on what you need in a home and your lifestyle. The rental market is very, very strong right now with most landlords looking for 1st and last months rent as well as a security deposit. If you are unable to pay those upfront and do not have a stellar credit report it will limit your opportunities.

Rent to own sounds romantic but in practice does not work in many cases There are a couple different options when contemplating the rental of a home for future purchase. Each involves two legal documents, the lease itself and then either an option or purchase agreement. The option gives you the right to purchase the home at a specified price, for a specified time in exchange for consideration (the option payment). The purchase agreement is a normal purchase agreement with an extended closing date which is typically at the end of the lease. In most cases, the best use of either of these type of agreements is to allow the purchaser time to either sell an existing residence or sort out credit issues that is preventing financing at this time.

The tide has turned and in many cases it is now cheaper to buy than to rent but without cash on hand for a downpayment and closing this may not be a possibility but with todays interest rates at all time lows it is something to contemplate as they will not bed staying there forever.

Finally, timing is certainly going to be an issue as many of the properties that may meet your needs will be governed by an association and they will have an approval process that can take up to 30 days but most can push it through a bit faster. In any case you need to get started with a professional agent as quickly as possible as you are running out of time.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional do not hesitate to give me a call. I work mainly as a buyers agent throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties and always happy to be of service and of course would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you may choose to interview.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
Give me a call and I will help you.. What is your cell number ???

Chris Petrucci, Realtor
The Keyes Company

My cell is 1-954-274-7529
Hello my name is Chris Meyer with castles by the beach realty. I have some great areas in mind close to fau call me at 5616679238 or email me at chrism561@gmail.com and will start looking have a great night looking forward to working with you.
Correction to last e-mail - my phone number is 954 461-3041.
Am available 24/7 to help you locate a residence. If you wish my help call 854461-3041 or frederick_e_keats@hotmail.com. There is no charge to you for my services - all commissions and fee are paid by the property owner.
I have a few areas in mind you could lease for the first year and look at areas to buy if you would like to take some time doing that. Good luck with your new job. My son is a senior there this year. I can show you what's available both to lease or purchase.

PatRoseboom@keyes.com
PatRoseboom.live.keyes.com
The Keyes Company
1200 Yamato Road, Suit B1
Boca Raton, Fl
I specialize in Boca Raton. I can help you find something immediatly. I have a lot of knowledge of all the apartment complexes in Boca, Private rentals and homes for sale. A low deposit does not necessarily mean you cannot purchase. FHA and 3.5% deposits make it easy to purchase a home. Call me to discuss or visit my offices in Boca 7300 W Camino Real Suite 201, Boca Raton 33433. The office number is 5612458722 or try my cell 5615427338. in the meantime you can also start searching on my website http://www.statelandbrown.com
I would love to help you.
Dan Statlander
Jwilkie,
I'm a Boca Raton broker and resident. I watched FAU build the new stadium from my condo! There are a few options available for you and some beautiful rentals close to FAU. Give me a call and let's get started right away!
Kristian Piscitelli
Broker / Owner, LCAM, CPM
Boca Grand Realty
561.400.1872
I can show you what's available by email or in person.

Susanna Grubb
Illustrated 561-827-2952
Hi Jwilkie!

I'd be glad to assist you in finding the perfect rental on short notice. Let's get together at your earliest convenience to discuss some options that will suit your needs. Call/text or email when you have a chance!

Chris King
Mirsky Cole & Company
(561) 281.6509
King@seekingpalmbeach.com