Home Buying in Seattle>Question Details

Anthony, Home Buyer in 78731

Moving to Seattle with wife and kids and need some assistance

Asked by Anthony, 78731 Sat Dec 29, 2012

My wife and I are moving to Seattle in a few months. We have 2 kids ages 5 and 8. We are currently in Atlanta.
I will be working in downtown Seattle near Virgina and 8th.
We are looking for:
Great Schools- My kids are in the talented and gifted program currently
Sq ft - over 3500
BR 4 or more
BA 3 or more
Larger lot
Not a cookie cutter area
kids can play outside safely
commute less than 40 minutes during rush hour
basement would be nice
Not interested in living in the city

We would either be looking to rent or buy
budget:
rent $4,000 or less
buy: $800k or less

Can anyone assist?

Answers

7
Hi Anthony,
I'd love to help you! West Seattle is part of the city, but it feels like a true island. It's a short 15-20 minute commute to downtown where you will be working. There are also three excellent school districts in the area. If you want to be further away, have you considered Bainbridge Island? It's just a 20 minute ferry ride from downtown. Gorgeous location. You'll find the space you crave and excellent schools!
Robin Sheridan, Windermere, 206-240-5826
Come live in Magnolia, Seattle's best kept secret! You said you didn't want cookie cutter, so wouldn't recommend the Eastside or Issaquah (sorry Eastsiders). :) Magnolia is a 15 min drive to downtown, or take the bus. It is a great place to raise children! Good school - Catherine Blaine (K-8). If you like hiking we have our very own Discovery Park (534 acre park, which most Seattle-ites don't even know about, or use). Magnolia has all types of houses/architecture, lots of homes with basements, and larger lots (around 6000-8000 sq ft on average). I'm a Magnolia resident and can give you a tour if you'd like. Contact me at: http://www.MagnoliaInsider.com
Hi there!

I would recommend the Issaquah/Sammamish area. We boast some of the best test scores in the state. Lakes, mountains, hiking, skiing, social activities and Seattle are all within 30 minutes of your doorstep. At your price point you could live right on a pristine lake. Pine lake boasts several gorgeous homes, amazing views, bald eagles, fishing, swimming, and is right across the street from an acclaimed elementary school, and walking distance from groceries, salons, gas, etc. Golf courses are in abundance. A strong sense of community abounds. Sports and academics are huge here, and there is a huge focus on family. If I can be of help in any way, please let me know. If you'd like to preview some properties online, to get a feel for the community, please let me know. I can get info on anything you have interest in, and put together a packet covering all we have to offer in our area. Life on the Issaquah/Sammamish plateau is good!
206.769.9472
We welcome you to Seattle. Sounds like you will be working on Pill Hill, given the address you gave. When it comes to Schools and length of drive to work (40min) or less, the Eastside sounds like your best bet. Bellevue, Newcastle, Issaquah would give you what you are looking for. Let me know if you would like me to send you any listings in those areas. Look forward hearing from you. Sincerely, Rocky rockyagoodrealtor@msn.com Have a great home in Kirkland, Wa for you to look at too.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Go to http://www.parkplacerealtynw.com and search before making a decision. There are various other resources, including school ratings and mortgage calculators as well.

AJ Allen
http://www.aj-allen.com
Park Place Realty NW
425-223-6021 PH
Hi Anthony,
Your kids are about the same ages mine were when we relocated to the area from Hawaii's Big Island in 2004. My family and I live on the Eastside, on acreage, since we are animals lovers and also like our space. The first couple years we were here, my husband worked in downtown Seattle also (now he is in Redmond) .I can appreciate wanting to live in a more rural area and also be in an exceptional school district. Lake Washington and Northshore are two districts worth considering and are the schools with homes you are describing based on lifestyle, commute times, and price point. I am with Coldwell Banker Bain, out of the Kirkland office, and would love to be of service.
Christine Viernes - Realtor/Broker
christineviernes@cbbain.com
425.286.3779
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Hello-
My name is Antoinette Contreras and I'm a broker with Coldwell Banker Bain and work in our Seattle Capitol Hill Office.

I would love talking to you. Please call or email me directly and we can further discuss your move here.

Have wonderful day,
Antoinette Contreras
Broker
Coldwell Banker Bain

Ph: 916-284-7781
Email: antoinettecontreras@cbbain.com