Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Melissa.rawl…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Moving to San Antonio in five months need help.

Asked by Melissa.rawlins, San Antonio, TX Sat Feb 2, 2013

Moving to San Antonio in five months. Looking to buy a home within twenty miles of brook army medical center, high rating elementary school, neighborhood amenities, up dated home. Where do I look?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3104242677-1251-Ashbury-Bay-S…

Answers

15
opondomusa’s answer
San antonio, texas is a great place to live. Click on a link below to find thousands of homes for sale.You will also find Realtors in San Antonio who are more than willing to help you with your home buying.
Also check out the home loan and mortgage refinance rates for the properties in San antonio, Texas.
Hi Melissa,
I have created a search for you to begin your house hunt with. I put in the specifications you requested into my search tool and now you just click on the link and view the homes that may fit your needs. If you find that they don't, you can customize your search from there!
Happy house hunting!

http://www.mlsfinder.com/tx_sabor/sandramushinski/index.cfm?…
Mrs. Rawlins, there are many great areas to search for a home in S.A. with great schools. Please contact me so that I may obtain more detailed information regarding your search. I could throw out a lot of community names, but I would like to get more familiar with what type of home you are looking to buy.

I would like to work with you; as a native of San Antonio, I am very familiar with all areas of our beautiful city.

Monica Barrientos-REALTOR®
210-379-5098
monica@mytxproperties.com
Hi Melissa,
There are some great family oriented neighborhoods with sought after School Districts. I live and work very close to BAMC. I enjoy the area and you would also.
Maybe call and chat with a few of us to get an idea of a Realtor you would feel comfortable working with.
I'm a full time Realtor and can be reached by phone, email or text anytime.

Tabitha King
210-414-4255
tabitha@kingrealtors.com
Web Reference: http://www.kingrealtors.com
I was born and raised in San Antonio so I have experience with all areas of town. My husband is retiring from the Army this year and we absolutely love the area we have chosen not only for the highly rated school district but also how close we are to all the conveniences of SA/BAMC/SAMMC.

I would love to help you find the perfect spot for your family to thrive while you are in San Antonio. I appreciate your time and consideration!

Thanks so much,
Tiffany Stephens
210.683.7318
Feel free to search the entire San Antonio MLS at http://www.northsanantoniotexashomes.com
Would be happy to show you the homes in Sonterra that you had inquired about. Lots of BAMC (now called SAMC) personel live in this area.

Two new elementary schools have opened in January 2012 in this area, they are part of the highly rated Northeast Independent School District, I think you would approve.

Tennis, golf, pools, parks and playgrounds are availbable in this area as well.

Contact me by phone or email and I can start sending you lists of homes in this area.

Sue
Here, you look for your next home at http://www.JoseSellsSanAntonio.com
It is free and Up to Date.
Good Luck.
Northeast side of town has some very nice neighborhoods and great elementary schools. If you would like home sent to you, contact me so we can discuss what type of home, how much, etc, etc, etc,......
Melisaa

Kathy had some great information for you. Twenty miles of BAMC/SAMC with high rated elementary schools, neighborhood amenities, and updated homes, does take you pretty much North of BAMC/SAMC.

I am retired Air Force and BAMC/SAMC is my servicing medical center so I run back and forth there all the time and live in the Stone Oak. All four of my children graduated from NEISD schools and the elementary schools are top-notch. I am assuming you are military and since I don't know your rank, I am not sure what price range you might be looking for, but there are all levels in the North Central area. I have a Buyers Package I would be happy to send you and help you get started if you would like to have me help you. It includes lots of information about the area you are looking into and about VA benefits. I help numerous of military personnel transfer to this wonderful city and help them get their families situated as I am a Certified Relocation Specialist and have lived here now 17 years.

Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help you get settled in.

Terri Saari
Terri Saari, Realtor®
GRI, MCNE, SFR, e-Pro, ABR, ALHS, CHMS, CNHS
Certified Relocation Specialist
Retired United States Air Force
Kimberly Howell Properties
21252 Gathering Oak, Ste 100, San Antonio TX 78260
210-887-3477 Cell
210-493-6888 Office
210-493-7002 Fax
http://www.WelcomeHomeToSA.com
Texas' FIVE STAR Realtor 2012 and 2011 as seen in Texas Monthly
Platinum Top 50 Award Winner 2011/2012
Hi Melissa,
Twenty miles from BAMC covers pretty much all of San Antonio and some surrounding areas. If you will be commuting to BAMC you may want to limit it to a particular commute time. And obviously your price range will guide where you want to look.

The Stone Oak area you were looking at certainly would fit the bill, with great schools, neighborhood amenities and updated homes available. Alamo Heights has excellent schools as well, although your money doesn't go nearly as far there. It's more of a small town lifestyle, with many older homes, closer in to the center of San Antonio. Both areas, and others, have much to offer.

The best way to start your search is to have a conversation with a Realtor who can ask the right questions and suggest areas based on what is important to you and your family.

If you'd like to talk I'd love to help you (as everyone else has offered!). No pressure at all, just happy to answer your questions!

Best of luck!

Kathy Walsh, Realtor®
Keller Williams Heritage
(210) 862-7721
Hi Melissa,
I look forward to the opportunity to assist you with your home purchase and relocation to BAMC. I'm retired military and completely understand your families concerns. PLease visit my website at http://www.JoeCrain.net and give me a call at 210-710-3270 or email Joe@joecrain.net .

Best wishes,
Joe Crain, Realtor
Hello Melissa
My name is Laila Abdulla. I work at Keystone Mortgage in town. I can help you with getting a preapproval to help with putting offers on homes. I welcome you to our town and encourage you to visit my Trulia profile I just created, zillow.com profile, LinkedIn profile And also to visit my website below to see clients recommendations and their experience with home financing with our company.
Best regards.
Laila
Melissa-

I would be glad to help you with your search. I am very familiar with the city and the quality of the school districts. I have helped many military families and I would be honored to help yours at well.

Simply contact me and I will be glad to connect you to the right people for a loan if you need it and I will ask the questions I need to know the answers to in order to narrow the search down only to the homes that will work for you saving you time and headache.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
I will be happy to help with your home search. Please give me a call at (210) 722-6243. Thanks, Vince