Home Buying in Parkwood>Question Details

Liz6ard, Home Buyer in Parkwood, San Antonio,...

Moving to San Antonio June or July 2013 when would be a good time to begin our search to buy a home?

Asked by Liz6ard, Parkwood, San Antonio, TX Tue Jul 3, 2012

Answers

7
All answers that have been posted are right. If you need a pre approval, I highly recommend my lender. She works over time, she works from home even though she has left the office, she works weekends as well. May I also suggest you interview several agents, its important you are comfortable with the agent that will be representing you in your transaction. Call me anytime and thanks for reading.

Susan
210-835-6696
Dear future home buyer,

I would start to get familiar with the neighborhoods, schools, main roads etc now, so you already know what you like before you get serious shopping for homes. Before you actually start your search, you need to get pre-qualified first. That way you are ready to make an offer whenever you will see the property you like and have an advantage towards other buyers, who are not as prepared. Also you will know what you really can afford and do not waste your time and look in areas you cannot. Most Realtors will suggest you three or more loan officers they usually work with and trust. I would start my search at least three months before you want to close. Of course it all depends on what type of financing you will obtain and how hard or easy it is you are looking for. A knowledgeable real estate professional should be able to guide you there. You can contact me by e-mail The_Realtor4U@yahoo.com or by phone (210) 744-4502 if you need help.

Claudia McShane
Joyce Klein Realtors
Web Reference: http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net
Dito Good info.
http://www.kathyripps.com
Flag Wed Jul 4, 2012
Backwards planning is best.....if you want to close on your purchase on June 1, the closing process can take 30-45 days. That will put you around April 15. The negotiation process can take 1-5 days which is about April 10. House hunting depends on how selective you are and how specific you detail your requirements to your agent. This can be 1-4 weeks putting you around March 10.

Best bet is to obtain your financing pre-approval and contact an agent around the beginining of March. If you decide you want to move on 1 July, I would shift 30 days to the beginning of April. You can start looking around on the Internet now to see areas, prices, research schools, etc...but these timeframes would be your more serious dates.

Check out my website for information for buyers, a rate calculators, a search engine, a very competenet loan officer, etc....let me know if i can assist you in any way. And I'd like to extend you an early welcome to the Republic of Texas.

Darrell D. Drouillard
Home Team of America
16719 Huebner Rd., Bldg 4
San Antonio, Texas 78248
210-373-6160
210-881-6760 (Fax)

http://www.dddrealtor.com

'Serving all Your Real Estate Needs'
2-3 months before would be a good time. Remember to get pre-approved or pre-qualified for a mortgage to see where you stand.
And, remember to interview a few agents to see what they will do to assist and get you where you need to be.
Thanks.
You want to start looking in April-May of 2013. I'd be glad to help you. Email me at Lsotoodeh@satx.rr.com and I send you the ABC's of looking for a home in San Antonio!
Hope to hear from you!
Start looking now to get a feel for pricing/area. Get serious early 2013 and be ready to make a decision 45 days before you move. Call or email me for more information!

Stephen Schumacher
210-251-1468
Stephen@SATXPM.com
I would start reserching what is out there at your price range and area now... just to give you an idea of what is out there and where you might want to focus your search.

Obviously, any homes you look at now will be long gone by next year... but its not bad info to have...

I would get pretty serious about 60 days before you get here... homes during the summer tend to sell like hotcakes in San Antonio...

You will want to get your loan pre-approved before you actually start looking, so that if one of them really grabs you, you will be ready to pull the trigger.

You can do a homesearch and get automatic updates by going here:

http://www.ViewTopSanAntonioHomes.com

I can also send you homes that will fit what you are looking for, so you can start getting a feel for it.. I just need to know what you are looking for...

E-mail, call, or text when ready :)

Jason C Campbell
Jason@SAHomeExpert.com
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com