DrD, Home Buyer in 85742

Moving to Oro Valley: Need professional assistance on renting a home for the next few months and eventually buying a 3 BR, 2 BA pool home (longterm)

Asked by DrD, 85742 Wed Sep 12, 2012

I am an independent IT consultant, currently living in FL and commuting back and forth to Oro Valley every 2 weeks since June 2010. I recently got married, and also learnt that my project is being extended at least till the end of 2013. So I, my wife and our two dogs (Great Dane and Yorkie) have made the decision to make a long-term, perhaps permanent move to Oro Valley! I am hoping to use this Trulia Forum to find a professional who can help me make this transition.
1) I have a home in FL, and in order to move to Oro Valley, I am planning to rent it out. I believe that selling it is out of question, since I owe more that it is worth today.
2) I would like to initially RENT the closest available HOME to this address: 1910 East Innovation Park Drive Tucson, AZ 85755.
3) By mid-2013, I expect to have zero CC debt, only car and FL mortgage debt, and a decent amount of cash for down payment on a new (long-term perhaps permanent) home - 3 BR, 2 BA, pool, easy commute to PHX (<2hrs)

Answers

8
Jodi Koch, Tucson Power Group’s answer
This is a strategic move with many components. The best advise I can give you is to sit down with 2-3 agents in the Oro Valley area, near your place of business. Conduct an interview to be comfortable that they are the right one to represent you now and in the future. Verify that they have knowledge of the area you are concentrating on, that they are good listeners, and work full-time at their profession. I would be honored to be part of that interview process. My office is two minutes from yours! TucsonPowerGroup.com, Jodi Koch 520-907-2216
Thank you for your response Jodi. I appreciate it. I will keep you in mind when I start looking for homes to buy in 2013.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
I would start by contacting a property management company (Google) to find a place to rent. Then find a local Realtor to work with, review your search criteria and start looking once you are ready.

Next, get pre-approved with a local lender.

Best of luck.

Spirit

Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
SpiritRealty@Cox.net
http://www.TierraAntigua.com
Thank you. Appreciate the advice.
Flag Thu Jan 10, 2013
If you need any assistance in preparing for your purchase with a new mortgage, please feel free to give me a call to discuss your situation or questions. Also, I live in Oro Valley and would be happy to give you any insight into the area you may need. Minette 975 3909
Thank you for your response Minette. I appreciate it. I will get in touch with you when I get my financial ducks in a row :)
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
Hi DrD,
I have lived in Tucson over 40 years, and the Oro Valley area for the last 20 years. There are many subdivisions close to Innovation Park. It sounds like we don't need to worry about schools, but maybe where the closest dog park is for your big guy!
I found several homes in Oro Valley, 3 bedroom with a pool ranging from $1200-$2950 per month. I do many rental tours for our Raytheon employees that have a short term contract here in Tucson. I would be happy to do a rental tour with you (and your wife is she is able) on one of your upcoming visits to Oro Valley. There is no cost or obligation for this half day tour.
Feel free to call me at 520.444.1072 or email me at joelle@joellekahn.com

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you for your response Joelle. I appreciate it. I sent you an email.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
Joelle is a great agent and super familiar with Oro Valley :)
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012

You will want to look for a home in Rancho Vistoso to be closest to Innovation Park. I did a quick MLS search, and there are 17 properties for rent that are "pets considered" ranging from $1200 to $2950 per month. Feel free to contact me at DawnInTucson@gmail.com, and I will send you the listings!
Thank you for your response Dawn. I appreciate it. I sent you an email.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
Congradulations! A move to Oro Valley is wonderful. My office is located in Dove Mountain we do alot of business in Oro Valley area and would be very happy to help you meet your needs with a rental and home purchase. As a Long realtor we also have a re-location department to help with the rental and future sale of your home in Florida.
Please give me a call so we can get better aquainted and dicuss your real estate needs. Check out my website for more detailed information on the Oro Valley housing market and area attractions.
http://www.vwallace.longrealty.com
Thank you for your response Vera. I appreciate it. I sent you an email.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
http://www.vwallace.longrealty.com
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
i DrD,

If you are interviewing realtors in Tuscon, I would encourage you to contact Hilary:

Hilary Eshelman Real Estate Consultant, Tierra Antigua Realty

Tel: (520) 861.8510 | Fax: (520) 306.3002
http://www.LiveWellinTucson.com

Good luck on the move. You are welcome to call me, if you'd like more information.
Steffy
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Thank you for your response Steffy. I appreciate it.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012