Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

Rhee1, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Moving to Northern NJ. Have children in pre-school. Will be commuting to MahWah. Looking for nice areas to raise a family, great schools. 650-750 budg

Asked by Rhee1, New Jersey Fri Mar 11, 2011

Answers

10
I am a member of the local MLS board which includes Mahwah, New Jersey. Mahwah is a large and scenic township in northwest Bergen County on the Rockland County, New York, border. It has many county parks (including a ski area), good schools, low taxes and a diversity of housing options from apartments to condos/townhouses to single family homes from $300,000s to milions. It is convenient to several Interstates and major highways. There are are many corporate complexes which help support the town's budget and services. You may want to view some Web sites for elementary, middle and high school rankings. Just enter Bergen County, NJ and then Mahwah, New Jersey. Your price range should afford you an opportunity to find a home on a reasonable sized lot.
Rhee 1,
You can look up all school ratings in any state by going to this web site: schooldigger.com you can do your own research as to what area close to Mahwah that you'd like to reside in

A moment ago - Delete this answer
Welcome to NJ.

The Morris County area offers some great communities and is an easy commute to your work.
Let's start by checking out the State Education site. http://education.state.nj.us/rc/

Consider establishing a relationship with a Realtor or two. See what they may suggest.
Then pick one toi nelp you. They can do so much of the work for oyu.

Pretty much anywhere along the 287 corridor in Morris County. Somerset County is good too but it's a little far! Good Luck!
Please consider finding a local Realtor to help you with your search, best of luck.
Chester, Mountain Lakes, Sparta are my top recommendations for your requirements and price range. Good luck!
Greetings Rhee1,

There are many nice areas in Northern, NJ to raise a family with great schools. It really depends on your preference of distance and time for your commute to MahWah. If that is a factor, this information could be helpful in choosing an area. If I can be of any further assistance, feel free to contact me.

Good luck on your search.

Marsha B. Washington
Hi Thee,

There are quite a few good area that are a quick commute to Mahwah with good school systems and in your price range but what like to get more specifics in what you are looking for in a house such as beds, baths, ammentities. Please give me a call when u get q chance or you can e mail me to talk.
Hi Thee,

Hi Rhee-
Morris county in North Jersey is a great place to live and raise children and there is 287 which is an easy commute to Mahwah.
Please call me and we can talk about many options.

Carolle Donofrio
973-960-8002 cell