Home Buying in Miami Beach>Question Details

Eric Thompson, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Moving to Miami Beach- need help choosing a neighborhood!

Asked by Eric Thompson, Los Angeles, CA Fri Oct 12, 2012

I’m considering moving to the Miami Beach area but I really do not know where to begin. Ideally, I’d like to purchase a home in a nice neighborhood that has fun things to do. For example, great restaurants, shopping, nightlife, entertainment, etc. are all important to me. I prefer being in or close to densely populated areas, such as downtown. As it stands right now, my price range is about $1,200,000-$1,500,000. What neighborhoods would be the best fit?

Eric T.

Answers

15
Coral Gables is the best choice.
http://www.MiamiApartmentsAndHomes.com
3 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Because there was some concern, we followed up with Eric directly. He's a real person who is considering multiple places for his next move. It's his first experience posting in our community and we encourage you all to give him a warm welcome. Please continue to share the expert opinions only you have.

If you ever have any concerns, please feel free to email us at community@trulia.com.

Thanks!
-Kim, Community Manager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 15, 2012
Good Morning Mr. Thompson,

Having moved from Los Angeles to Miami many years ago I welcome you to this side of the country. I still feel like a California girl at heart. Miami does have many different areas for you to consider for relocation. As already indicated here, depending on whether you are looking for a single family residence or a condo that will direct the search for you. Given you discribe want to be close to downtown the options there lean more towards the condo life. If by being close to downtown means within a 15 minute drive then your options become greater. You are best served to work with a Realtor that can assist you by forwarding property information to you for your review along with the information for each of the areas. Through a direct conversation to determine what you are looking for in a home in addition to the location will go a long way in assisting you on your search. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your home search requirements. Good luck in your search.

Lila Lopez
RE/MAX Advance Realty
CDPE, E-Pro
homesbylila@yahoo.com
305-772-2521
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Hi Eric,

I've lived in Miami Beach for 15 years and love it here; I don't think I could live anywhere else. The beach is divided in a few sections; South of Fifth, West Ave Corridor, Venetian and Sunset Harbour area are the most desired areas. But you also have around Lincoln Rd, small boutique buildings completely renovated but with the Art Deco feel that characterizes Miami Beach. Then you have Millionaire's Row that stretches from 41st all the way to 60th on Collins and along the beach. In addition, you have North Beach which is an area that was forgotten, but now its becoming alive with new constructions, condo conversions, restaurants, spas, etc. where you can find better deals.
I'll be happy to talk to you and show you around my neighborhood or any other areas in the Greater Miami.

Julissa
I'm originally from Manhattan and lived in Chicago for many years, so I understand the need for city life. One of the major things you'll want consider is whether you want to be in a condo or in a house. Depending on your needs in size, a condo in South Beach, perhaps South of Fifth or along West Avenue, would be a great option. Condos too close to Ocean Drive may seem appealing, but if it's your primary residence, you may want to think twice... a little too much excitement. There are houses in your price range in Miami Beach, but they may not be as close to the excitement you seem to be requiring.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
Hi Eric,

South Beach is the place to be, also, for resale purposes in the future you never know :) ... Downtown is just 10 min away right across the bridge, but to live in Downtown is not as nice as South Beach. I've been here for 7 years and love it ! there is lots of restaurants, shops, pedestrian friendly areas and of course the beach ! .. Not sure if you are interested in a nice waterfront condo with all the amenities or maybe a cute house on one of the islands.. let me know if you still need any help thanks !!

Rosario Diaz
casasouthbeach.com
I.m a Broker-Realtor in Miami for over 20 years. Miami is a fun city. Here you find the best restaurants, and entertainment, at a wallking distance, some places like Coconut Grove , Coral Gables, Miami Beaach. My phone is 305-794-8435 and my email olsfla@hotmail.com
Call me I can help you with your resquest
Dear Eric

It can be overwhelming and confusing but it seems you already know where you want to be.
Miami Beach is a great place to live.
I am a resident of the "Sofi" area which is a beautiful neighborhood below 5th street.
It is the most exclusive area in Miami Beach in terms of condos and eventhough it is Miami Beach, it truly has a local feel.
There are not many tourists and has the best restaurants and most beautiful beaches.
It would be an ideal area for you.

I could send you listings for you to view if you'd like.
Also in Florida, the buyer does not pay the agent a
Commission, only the seller does.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Sophie Bamps
Engel & Voelkers
305-205-8867
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Hello Eric,

If you are asking about Miami Beach neighborhoods specifically, I agree that South of Fifth or just North of 25th St is probably the best fit.

If you are asking about Miami neighborhoods, there is also Brickell, Coral Gables and Coconut Grove that match your criteria. All of them have a lot to offer and are very centrally located.

It also depends on what type of "home" you are looking for. Miami Beach and Brickell it's mostly condos, in Coral Gables and Coconut Grove, you can find a house in your price range.

I am very familiar with all 4 areas and I would be happy to help you find your perfect new home in Miami!

Kind regards,
Ania Lenzholzer
Coldwell Banker Residential
Good Evening Eric ,

Miami Beach is a great place to live! I lived there for a couple of years and absolutely loved it! I am very familiar with the homes in south beach! You have many options in your price range and with today's economy there are some great deals... First you have Venetian island you can most likely get a home on the intracoastal there and you are actually 2 minutes from south beach and a few minutes to downtown brickell area. If you are looking to live in Miami beach la gorce area is beautiful and they have the la gorce country club which is available to you if you like to golf, but regardless you are located in south beach next to everything you could ever want, great restaurants, amazing nightlife, beaches, beautiful people etc. also in south beach a street called n bay rd has some really nice homes and there's an island right near there called sunset island which is very nice and also located in Miami beach ! So as you can see you have many options!

If you would like to send me more information of exactly what kind of home you are looking for I can do my research on the multiple listing service and send you homes as they pop up!

I look forward to working with you!

Talk to you soon,

Christina Lagoudes
Keyes realty
561-289-4075
Christinalagoudes@keyes.com
There is a big difference between a home and condo.. If you want a condo i would suggest either Miami Beach north of 41st street away from the tourists and crowds of sobe but just close enough to enjoy all the excitement it offers. I would also suggest the Arts District in Miami from 15th street north to 36th street at Midtown Miami. If it is a home you prefer i have several areas i can show you that offer everything your looking for and still within minutes of the city . Contact me and would be more than happy to discuss options with you and send you places to consider .

Mason Boggs P.A.
Elite Sales Group
786-253-4680
masonboggs@gmail.com
Hi Eric,

ou will enjoy miami as there is a lot to offer. There are homes in Miami Beach that fit your criteria, also downtown miami has a abundance of condos as well. I think the Downtown Miami area with Mary Brickell Village, Bars Restaurants, Clubs etc, would be a great fit and homes closer to South Beach would be great as well with clubs, bars shoppin etc. I can send you lisings so you can see what both area have to offer. I look forward to hearing from you and congrats on your move to South Florida as I would love to help you find a great place to live.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
http://flapropertiesbytmoses.kwrealty.com/
There are a number of great neighborhoods that meet your requirements.
I'm happy to work with you.

Tara West
Park Miami Realty
305-926-8223
http://www.tarawestproperties.com
Eric,

Miami Beach is a great neighborhood to live in! There is plethora of options when it comes to fine dining, shopping, and nightlife regardless of where exactly in Miami Beach you reside. However, I think the area that might best meet what you are looking for is the area known as "So-Fi" (South of Fifth). It is located at the southern most tip of Miami Beach. The development of this area has BOOMED over the last 20 years with the construction of many luxurious highrises. It is also just a short 5 minute drive into Downtown Miami over MaCarthur Causeway. For further information and a map of So-FI follow this link to my blog:http://miamirealestatenewsblog.com/sofi-neighborhood-on-miam…

Considering you have a budget of $1,200,000 - $1,500,000, there will be numerous options in which I can present to you that I believe you will find rather appealing. If for whatever reason you don't find South of Fifth to your liking, there are still many other areas that I can present to you in Miami Beach that I'm sure will satisfy all your needs and meet all your criteria. My expertise lies within the market areas of Miami Beach and Coral Gables so I will definitely be able to assist you. Feel free to vist my website http://www.luisiglesias.net to learn a little more about my company and myself.

Please feel free to contact me on my direct line below or via my email. I hope to hear from you soon Eric. Have a great weekend!

Luis Iglesias
D & I International Realty
Principal Broker
(786) 395-0341
luis@luisiglesias.net
http://www.luisiglesias.net