Home Buying in Irvine>Question Details

Vick, Home Buyer in Jersey City, NJ

Moving to Irvine , CA area . Thinking to buy a townhome or single family home in the Irvine school district. Looking to be under 450,000. Possible???

Asked by Vick, Jersey City, NJ Tue Sep 3, 2013

Answers

24
wow so many answers, thank you. Seems like it comes down to meet a realtor whom you can trust. Though good to know it is possible.I think i will meet few of you and hopefully can decide on something soon
'
V
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Have you found a realtor to assist you already?
Yes this is definitely possible! I am a lender in Mission Viejo, very close to Irvine and I am willing to help you out. I have given out many loans throughout Orange County with low credit scores and great rates. I can also try to connect you to a realtor that can help you find the home you're looking for so give me a call when you can!

Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me. Also, if you found this helpful please leave me a recommendation if you can!

Brian Nguyen Sr.
Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
It is very possible to get into Irvine for under $450,000, but you may have to compromise on size. There are some parts of Tustin that are in the Irvine School District, and you might get more for your money in Tustin. Keep your options open!
Please contact me to discuss your situation, and I would be happy to help you!
Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
714-914-5097
realtornicolef@gmail.com
again thank you for answers...may i ask a simple question again what the is $ per sqft i should look for ...i see anywhere from 325 to 450 per sqft....
Vick, the $/SQFT is only relevant when you compare apples to apples. That means homes of roughly the same size and within the same complex or vicinity. It is one of the "yardsticks" used by buyers that is the most misleading and at times illogical. Probably why Zillow Zestimates are inaccurate. If multiplying $ /SF was a reliable way to determine value, anybody could do it. Homes are not like ears of corn.
I will be happy to go into the nuances of $/SF, where it makes sense and where it is irrelevant. Call me any time.
Flag Thu Sep 5, 2013
If you get closer to the college the prices go way up, I do not see any real benefit personally of paying for that location.
Hi Vicki,
Yes, that price range is possible. any realtor on this blog will help you or you can use my team services at no cost to you. as a lender i wll get you a approval certificate good fo 90 days, $500 for closing cost, up to .625bps for better rate or closing cost, VIP memership to the bigest credit union in California Kinecta Federal Credit Union.

Our loan programs are:
* Loans to $417k 3% down
* Loans to $625kk 10% down
* Loans to $729,750 3.5% down FHA
* Loans au to $855k 10% down Jumbo loans
* Loans au to $1'250,000 11% down no PMI savings Advantage Jumbo loans

*21 days Guaranteed to close a loan
*$500 for closing cost, plus .625bps for better rate or extra closing cost.
* VIP membership, free savings, checking etc.

You can use below link for your own pre-approval conditions (do it yourself) http://www.kinecta.org/lquintero

Libardo Quintero
nmls 380933
PH: 949.899.8425
lquintero@kinecta.org
Hi Vick,

Yes. There are some new development with very low HOA and they are under 450K. I would love to help you find a home that fit your needs.

Nica
It is possible for townhouse less than $450,000. I will get you pre-qualified for loan. Find you a house and will not rest until get you a house. Call Shane Etemad at 949-400-4677.
Yes it is possible, what are you looking for size wise? Do you need 2 bedrooms or more? Let me know specifics and I'll email you the latest new listings and any pocket listings that we have. My email is: cfleming@coldwellbanker.com.
Vick,

I would be happy to send you all that is available under the $450,000 mark. Feel free to call or e mail me your information and I will be happy to help you free of cost or obligation of course. I have lots of information to share with you on the neighboring city's as well. Let me know what is on your wish list. Bed - Bath's - what you must have.

Sheila Tucker
949-943-4934
SheilaTucker.Realtor@yahoo.com
Hi Vick,

Thank you for posting a question. Yes. Of course, there's no problem to find a townhome in Irvine in your price range. There are 9 3-bed condo/townhouse available today. Please give me a call. I'll show you all of them. Thank you.

David Tsui
Realty ONE Group
(949)232-2406
Irvine CA is a wonderful place for residential living and investment. More qualified buyers than motivated sellers makes for a home selling market at Irvine that favors sellers. Irvine has 569 homes now listed for sale - which is more balanced than this year on March 1.

As a home buyer at Irvine, you will have an opportunity to buy a condo or townhomes in this range of price. You must plan accordingly, get prequalified with a mortgage broker, and make decisions quickly.

Harrison K. Long - CA BRE 01410855 - Professional real estate representative and advocate, Realtor and broker associate, Coldwell Banker Previews, Irvine and Orange County, CA.
http://www.LiveAtIrvine.com
I have one getting ready to list: it is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath in great Irvine area. It will be slightly above this price, but square footage is 1679. I have lived and worked in Irvine for 34 years and know it very well. Please let me know if you are interested? Hanneke Jacobs, realtor, 949)463-4339 and my email is hannekej@aol.com.
I specialize in the Irvine area, and at this time you can get property under 450k either a 1 or 2 bed room condo. You can search Irvine homes for sale at http://www.annurias.com/ thank you and good luck with your move.
The longer you wait the less opportunity you will have. This is because of the fast recover (property appreciation) we have been experiencing. It is expected to continue. If you would like to consider my service - go to http://www.REOPPS.com and see my bio video. Good luck Vick!
Looks like you got some really good answers below.

Let me know if you need a purchase loan for the property or want to get pre-approved (this will increase the chances of your loan being accepted) because I can certainly help you out there. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
Hi Vick,

I am a former NJ real estate paralegal, NJ broker and real estate sales manager now selling in Irvine and its environs. You should know that there are distinct differences in the way real estate transactions get done in NJ and CA. I am uniquely experienced in this respect and would be pleased to help you better understand how to navigate this market.

Irvine has great schools in general and some outstanding elementary schools. Vista Verde being one of the best. Generally, the closer you are to UCI the better.

Good luck and please contact me if you need help.

Mary Ann Schierholt
949-241-6018
I lived in Princeton and Bay Head when I was in real estate in NJ. I moved here in 2005 and have been delighted with my choice. The difference in real estate transactions can be daunting since lawyers are responsible for protecting the respective parties interests back east. No lawyer I ever worked with would have been willing to compromise his hard-earned license for the insignificant legal
fee charged for a closing. So I'm missing that kind of representation.
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013
I lived in Michigan and Illinois and transactions were very different as you said. I was a full time Realtor for 7 years and have been working in lending for 2 years now. How long ago did you move here? I like most things about CA much better than the midwest.
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013
Hi Vick,

My team currently has two listings in Irvine in that price range and I'd be happy to discuss them with you. Please feel free to give me a call.

Sean Neuberger
Realty One Group
4010 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine CA
(414) 530-7750
Sean.neuberger@gmail.com
Vick

The best thing you can do is work with a real estate professional that you trust and they can help you find a solid agent to the city you are moving to. I do this all of the time for my clients.
Vicki,

Yes there are some homes. You can search at http://www.thehomsteam.com or give me a call. I also work with some great lenders and live in the area.

Joe Homs Realtor
949-625-4533
Web Reference: http://Www.thehomsteam.com
Vick if you need financing please check out my profile to see if we might be a good fit. Irvine certainly has excellent school and is a really nice city to live in.
Hi Vick, I am an active Realtor working primarily in Irvine and surrounding areas.
The term "townhome" refers to a building style, not a legal description. Therefore, when we look at possible properties, you will see that most of them are legally a CONDO, others described as townhomes may be attached SINGLE FAMILY HOMES.
This is often misunderstood by clients from states where townhomes are a different kettle of fish.

I would be happy to help you find the right home that fits your needs. Please contact me at (714) 856-7003 or visit my website at http://www.irvinehomes.pro..
Hello Vick, I just checked the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and there are currently 10 active condo/townhomes with 3+ beds priced at or under $450K in Irvine. When are you planning to buy? Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-All the best!

Ryan Smith
i am moving there by sep 15 and i will be living in a month at irvine. I am looking at townhome right now. No condo.
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013