Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Ricci, Home Buyer in Indian Harbour Beach,...

Moving to Charlotte!!!!

Asked by Ricci, Indian Harbour Beach, FL Sun Mar 16, 2014

We are looking for neighborhoods or nearby towns with a similar feel to our current city. We have young grandchildren children that we are raising who enjoy sports and cultural activities. Ideally, we want a small-town feel, great parks and recreation system, farmers market, festivals... general "Americana'-type stuff. We would like proximity to shopping and restaurants to be easily within 20 minutes. GREAT SCHOOLS are important! 9 or 10 rating only We are currently in a great small elementary school, about 17 kids in a class and very supportive Parent-Teacher organization. As for homes, we would like something to rent to own that is a good investment on a lot with mature trees. Lots in the 1/2 acre range are ideal. Cul-de-sac or VERY quiet street desired. We need to be within 40 minutes of the airport. Like so many other people we are moving b/c the economy and work options are so bad here and my husband has been given a great opportunity for a job in downtown Charlotte!!! Thanks !

Answers

4
Hello Ricci, so excited to hear about your pending move to our great area. I am also from Florida and lived in the Carolina's and Florida all of my life. I have been a licensed broker in NC & SC for 14 years. As soon as I read your description, I immediately thought of Fort Mill. The Fort Mill schools are ranked top in the state of SC and are coveted in the Charlotte metro area. While it is known for its small town feel, Fort Mill is within 11 miles of uptown and is surrounded by shopping and dining in its own city limits and surrounding areas such as Pineville, Rock Hill and Ballantyne. As a former educator and a teacher in Char/Meck, I feel more comfortable recommending the Fort Mill schools over any other based on test scores, rankings and personal experience. In addition, Fort Mill is well liked for the easier commute (avoid the 485 loop), the charm and the lower taxes. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way. Nicki.gaskins@rinehartrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 30, 2014
Perhaps ask your husband's employer for some guidance/suggestions; best areas are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you. For school information see links http://www.great schools.org http://www.schooldigger.com As for rent to own, it's really not a good idea. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore simply consider renting until you are ready for purchasing outright...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 16, 2014
Hi Ricci,
You will love Charlotte. I moved here from Tampa Florida for the same reasons 15 years ago. I think the Ballantyne area would be perfect for you. It sounds like a perfect fit........great schools, parks, shopping, restaurants, lovely neighborhoods and best of all not so far removed from your husbands job downtown, If you move too far south of town, your husband is going to face a long commute to work. I know the Ballantyne market well in fact I have raised my children here. I can be at Charlotte Douglas Airport in 20 minutes and downtown in 25. I also think there are some areas north of downtown that would fit your criteria. I would love the opportunity to speak to you about your specific needs and hopefully answer all your questions about Charlotte, NC!
Th!
Shannon Fioretti
7004-232-2001
shannon.fioretti@bhhscarolinas.com
Thanks ! Of all the reply's your seems to fit best. I will keep your info as things progress. Schools look great!
Flag Tue Mar 25, 2014
Hi Ricci!

Congrats on your move to Charlotte! You may be interested in Waxhaw, Matthews, or other areas like Belmont. Email me directly and I'll see what I can do to help with your search!

John Siddons
john.siddons@bhhscarolinas.com
704-458-1843