Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

tc4birdie, Home Buyer in Missouri City, TX

Moving to Austin area in 6 mo. Want to live north but not too north. How is Pioneer Village area?

Asked by tc4birdie, Missouri City, TX Fri Jan 4, 2013

Answers

9
Welcome to Austin (almost)! Pioneer Crossing is located northeast of I-35 and does have some good deals at this time. Unless you are familiar with Austin and traffic patterns, I would agree with Guy about renting for a while but with that said, the rental market in Austin is hot so you would need to be ready to make an application quickly to find a home or apartment you like.

I'm a former Teacher in the Missouri City area (back in the late 70's/ early 80's) and know there will be a major adjustment living in Austin.

As you search for a home in Austin, I encourage you to search just as hard for the right Realtor....it will make your home search much easier. If I can help with any other questions please give me a call at (512)467-6191 or email me at gwynn@homeandhearthrealty.com.

Gwynn Teal Carpenter
Broker of Home and Hearth Realty, Inc.
I am not a realtor, but also looking for a new home in Austin. All the people I meet say to stay away from east of I35. Crime rate seems to be higher over there plus the traffic is horrid!
When it comes to the crime rate, the best source of information is going to be APD's website. All though there are some older houses in East Austin, a lot of places are going through extensive face lifts, especially closer to downtown since the location is more desirable. If you are looking to go north, there are also some pockets in Northeast Austin where you can get quite a bit of home for your dollar. As far as commute goes, yes IH 35 can get hectic but it also depends what part of town you work at and your hours. Please feel free to call me or email me and I will gladly answer any other questions that you may have. You can also visit my website where you can search for all of Austin's and it's surrounding areas for available homes in real time. I work hard all week (even weekends) for my clients so feel free to contact me at any time. I look forward to being able to help you find your dream home.

Sal Zuniga
512-698-4800
szuniga@gretx.com
Sal.AustinHouseReport.com
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013
Give me a call. I live NW Austin and have for over 17 years. I can help.

Bruce Keith, GRI
Keller Williams, NW
C: 512-963-8806
E: brucekeithrealestate@gmail.com
Pioneer Crossing was built mainly in 2007 with homes still being built. Since then, there have been quite a few distressed sales driving the prices lower. Because of this, there are a lot of great deals for buyers.

I recently did a transaction for an updated home on a greenbelt for under $165k. If you would like a no obligation consultation on any home or neighborhood, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
I hope you're considering renting for a while so you can better determine where you want to live long-term and get a feel for traffic patterns and your commute times to your employer.
Hi there,
You will love Austin! There is a Pioneer Crossing located east of 35 in North Austin. Pricing for homes in that area range from $150k to the low $200's. I'd be happy to discuss the criteria you want in a new home so you can make the best decision possible. If you have not received an Austin Relocation Guide, please let me know. We can mail you one.

Kim Cross
512-994-7219

I could only speculate the area you are interested in. If you could provide a zip code or other descriptive parameters I could provide accurate information in your move.

Let me know.

Bruce Lewis
512-363-2184
tc, Are you asking about the subdivision Pioneer Crossing, or is Pioneer Village a complex of some sort? And if you are talking about Pioneer Crossing in Northeast Austin, due to the large number of foreclosures, you can get a great deal in there at this point. I would be happy to help you with that if that's what you're looking for, but either way if you would like to clarify I will try and help.
Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor
512-261-4415

I think it's great that you're moving to Austin! I live in North Austin so I'm very familiar with the area and with what the market is doing. I would love to discuss it in more detail so please don't hesitate to give me a call or shoot me an email. I look forward to being able to help you out.

Sal Zuniga
512-598-4800
Szuniga@gretx.com