sandoval.fam…, Home Buyer in Orange, CA

Moving out of state, want to buy a home in Austin(first time home) where do i apply for the loan here or Texas?

Asked by sandoval.fam06, Orange, CA Tue Jan 8, 2013

I too relocated to Texas from California in February (the taxman chased me out) and although there are clearly more programs in CA for the first time buyer, there are some pretty good ones in the Lone Star State. If you haven't already found someone to help you let me know. Our company is licensed in Texas. BTW, I have never seen so much kindness, respect and just genuinely nice people all gathered in one place. You will love it here in Texas, I do! Yes you will miss the weather but there are so many other positives it will more than make up for it.

Best of Luck!
It is sometimes best to go with a mortgage company that your agent is used to working with. There may be some special programs in the Austin area. Give the local Keller Williams branch a call
Hello Mr. or Mrs. Sandoval,

The easy and quick answer is Texas.

You can find a lender in CA or other states that can and do lend in Texas but there may be times when you will need or need to talk face to face. Also there may be things that you need to do in Texas but not in California. I once had a client use an East Coast lender and they required a Radon test or inspection which is not a typical thing in California. Not a big deal but we did have to have a discussion about Radon and then the client had to waive the test/inspection.

If you need a referral to a couple lenders or Realtors I would be happy to send you a some, I have developed relationships there.

Good luck with your move and search,

Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE #01321478
There. Period! As much as an Orange County, or Internet lender will tell you that they can DO the loan, in Austin, it would be FAR better - for you, anyway - to use a lender in the Austin area, for a home purchase there.

You should find a good Realtor in that area - I can recommend a couple - and ask that Realtor who they recommend. Most of us experienced Realtors have favorite lenders who we will wholeheartedly recommend. That relationship is typically built on a long earned trust. For example, in THIS area, I've been successfully working with my homebuying clients for over 36 years, and one of the lenders I recommend has been right beside me for over 30 years.

Back to using a local lender in Austin, there are too many things that can go wrong in a real estate purchase - it is far best to use not only a good local Realtor, but to use a good local lender, so they will be right on top of the transaction, from start to finish. That's MY opinion, anyway. Good luck, in Texas.
Thr would depend if you are going with a broker or small bank. Most banks like chase, Wells Fargo etc are through out the USA I would call them now so you have all documents in prior to moving
Sometime it can be hard to find everything the lender wants once you move

Ingrid Ski Realtor
As long as you find a lender that is able to write a loan in Texas it really doen'st matter other than being familar with the rules of the state and any local requriements for the loan. If you are starting a new job in Texas and it it in the same field as you are in now that will help with being able to get a loan. They usually want 2 years on the job before you can get a loan but my waive that if you are staying in the same field or with the same company just relocating.

Good luck and enjoy Texas, Austin is really pretty.