Home Buying in Lawrence>Question Details

JD, Home Buyer in Lawrence, KS

Moving from one state to another & want to know if we will be able to buy a house right away.

Asked by JD, Lawrence, KS Wed Sep 5, 2012

I ask because my husband will have to quit the job he is at currently & find another job. I say this, letting you know we have great credit, and previously owned a home for 10 years, which we sold.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi JD,

Unfortunately your husband will need to have a job and at least 30 days worth of pay stubs in order to buy a home unless he's transferring with his current employer to a new location.

Please feel free to contact me for more info or help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012
Best to check with your lender as to what is best for your situation. Most people buy before they leave their job. Otherwise, filling out a loan application with 1 week on the job becomes problematic. There are some exceptions such as if you are a firefighter here and are going to be a firefighter there. Again, check with your lender as to what you should do for your particular circumstances.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012
Not having a job may present a challenge. The best bet would be to consult a mortgage professional first. Underwriting requirements have tightened and not having a job to go to may mean that you have to wait on finding employment. It may come down to how much money you have in reserves.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012
Flag Wed Sep 5, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer