Home Buying in Indianapolis>Question Details

Jena, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

Moving from Iowa to a job near Carmel. Looking for an area in the NW area that is accepting of my partner and I.

Asked by Jena, Indianapolis, IN Mon Jul 22, 2013

Seek area that is diverse and accepting. Wondering what type of home we would get for 100k? New construction, 3 br 2 ba, ranch with 2 car garage and gas heat with central air?

Answers

6
Hi, Jena! I'm working with a same-sex couple right now and they are purchasing a home in Cicero. I think Hamilton County (Westfield/Carmel/Noblesville/Cicero) is a good fit for you if you are going to be working in Carmel, or maybe the northside of Indy (Castleton/New Augusta/Ditch Road Area, or western Boone County. I think it depends on what kind of home you are thinking of buying, a bit rural or subdivision or condo?

I think you'll find most people in the areas I have mentioned, as well as most of Indianapolis, will be warm and welcoming to you. My next-door neighbors, my son and my sister can all also attest to being accepted here. As far as what could you get for under $100K, it is possible to get all those things you mentioned under $100K, but I'm not sure about a new construction. I do work with new home builders and could help you with that, too, but I think you would get more for you money if you buy an existing home - and it is possible to get all these things in that price range and in a nice area, as well. Of course, there are always exceptions to everything.

I'd love to help you and your partner with your real estate needs, Jena. I also am working with some other buyers who currently live out-of-state (Texas, Oregon, Colorado), so I do understand all the special concerns you may have with that. Feel free to email, call or text me and let me know any further details you'd like to share and I will answer you honestly and with no pressure.

Good luck to you and your partner in your home search and future move!

Julie A. Barnett
Broker Associate/REALTOR
Prudential Indiana Realty Group
jqbarnett@att.net
jbarnett@prudentialindiana.com
(317) 847-0055 (cell)
(765) 769-5565 (office)
(765) 482-9171 (fax)
Website: jbarnett.prudentialindiana.com
Website: searchboonecountyhomes.com
DOWNLOAD MY FREE MOBILE APP: TEXT HL6 TO 87778
My name is Jamelle Walker. I am a Realtor with Keller Williams. I would love to help you. Everyone that moves to Indianapolis requires an agent that will go above and beyond to show you everything. I would love to be that person. Please email me your information or give me a call.

Jamelle Walker, Realtor
Phone: 317-453-0917
Email: jamellewalker2002@yahoo.com
Website: jamellewalker.kwrealty.com
Welcome to Indianapolis. I'm guessing you are a gay couple. My partner and I have been together 20 years. You will find that regular Hoosiers are at a minimum to be tollerant and frequently are very accepting. If you read the press about the Governer and the Legislature you can get the feeling that this is not a tolerant state, but these politicians are out of touch and are not reflective of the goodwill of the average citizen. I don't think you are going to find much new construction for $100,000. In the Board's Database there are no northern new 2013 houses at $100,000 or less... The least expensive is $115,600: 1 in Pike Township and 2 in Lawrence Township, none in Carmel. I am a Five Star real estate agent for both 2012 and 2013, so if I can be of assistance in your home purchase please feel free to contact me: ebaiz@talktotucker.com or 317-626-6364.
Hi, Jena. Whether you and your significant other are looking to purchase an existing home or a new constructed home BOTH purchases are negotiable. If you or your significant other are handy people you may consider new construction and negotiate doing some of the finishing work yourself. Just an idea as to how you may get your purchase price closer to $100,000. Hey...check out my website or Facebook to get to know me a little bit better and call me and we can discuss your plan to live in the Carmel area (Carmel, Noblesville, Cicero, Arcadia, Fishers....). I live in Fishers and love it. I can understand some of your cautiousness. If you will be financing a home we can discuss that as well because there are some no money down ways to finance a home. I look forward to hearing from you, Jena.

Penny
Penny A. Narum, Realtor & Professional Land Surveyor
RE/MAX Legends Group, Indianapolis
317-863-4605
http://www.PNarum.REMAX-Indiana.com
Search for Penny A. Narum on FB
I would recommend Broad Ripple but most any area here should be fine. 100k would most likely be a fixer upper for Broad Ripple though. 100k for new construction may be cutting it close whichever community you decide to build.
You'll find the Greater Indianapolis area, and particularly Carmel, Westfield, and Fishers to be accepting of diverse lifestyles. The problem as I see it will not be that, but your hope for a new 3 bed, 2 ba ranch for $100K. New construction will run $130K at minimum. There are very acceptable homes for sale for $100K - but usually a little older.

Call or email me and I'll be glad to assist.

Peter Knight
(317) 529-4178
peterknight@frontier.com