Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

Brady, Home Buyer in Raleigh, NC

Moving from Iowa City, IA and looking for realtor!

Asked by Brady, Raleigh, NC Mon Apr 21, 2014

My wife and I are moving from Iowa City, IA to Raleigh area mid-May. We have not ever been to Raleigh, but lived in Charlotte for a few years and loved it. I have a unique request/situation. Looking if there are any realtors that are also landlords. Our ideal situation would be to rent on a month to month basis (townhome, apartment, or home) starting end of June (I already have housing for May/June) with the right to move out and "terminate" lease agreement if we purchase a home using you (the realtor). Ideally we would love to buy a house around end of August, but would be able to stay in the rental indefinitely as we search. Solid rental history and great credit. Just want to spend some time saving a little more money/checking out the areas before we purchase a house. Near RTP would be great, but open and flexible, must be safe area. Please let me know if you are interested.

Answers

4
Hi Brady,
Congratulations on your move! As a Midwesterner myself I can relate to this move. I would love to show you around the Raleigh area. Smart decision on renting to get familiar with the area. There's many housing options and I have sold in NW Raleigh many times over the last 12 years so I'm familiar with the area you're interested in. If you're still renting in need some help with please contact me to begin your home search!
When you want to buy a home the best place to start is to hire an EXCLUSIVE Buyer Agent, not just a Buyer's Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Contact http://www.naeba.org for a referral in your area.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home and get a mortgage without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com
Unfortunately, Trulia has has an issue with questions like you made in April being distributed. Normally, a question like yours would have dozens of answers. All I can say is if you read this and are still in need of any assistance what so ever, please don't hesitate to contact me. You may start by visiting my personal website shown below . I especially encourage you to check out the testimonials page.

Good luck and welcome to Raleigh!! I moved here in 1993 with my family and love it here.

Ernie, Northside Realty
Hi Brady,
This is a difficult request but here's something to think about; You have housing for May and June, want to buy end of August. Ok, well, the mortgage process takes at least 45 to 60 days from application and that's assuming you find a place, negotiate and have all the paperwork ready to go. Sounds like a short term lease of 3 to 6 months would work well for you. Many of the apartment complexes allow you to do short term rentals. Try looking into that as an option as I believe you will have more success. Feel free to contact me @ maryellen@maryellenholleran.com or go to our website, holleranrealestate.com
We are happy to help.
Mary Ellen Holleran