Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Charles D He…, Home Buyer in Vandalia, IL

Moved to Florida May 2012, currently in New Port Richey.

Asked by Charles D Henna, Vandalia, IL Mon Feb 18, 2013

Looking for a nice home with 2 acres, sort of a mini farm setup under $300,000.
Not having much luck in this area and I am very concern with the sinkhole problem that
plagues this area North of Tampa.
Don’t know much about the Naples area and would like some info on the area.
I don’t hear anything about sinkholes so I take this isn’t a concern here.
I do hear problems with traffic and much more so during the school months.
We are retired so we are open to all areas.
Any info would be helpful on where best to look and where best to stay away from.
I plan on driving down and looking around next month/March.
Charles

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1068736603-2720-10th-Ave-NE-N…

Answers

7
Trace Faulkner’s answer
Hi Charles,
I have just sold a property in Golden Gate Estates (February 8, 2013) which is where the home you are referring to is located. The best bet for you is to look in that area to get a sizable lot with a fine home and reasonable price especially since you are retired. The property you looked at for under $300,000 in Trulia has a pending offer and awaiting contingencies' satisfaction for closing. I have had a customer from New Port Richey and have noted his and his wife's comments. I have friends in Illinois (Pontiac) and am also pretty familiar with Golden Gate Estates and have sold both homes and lots in that area. There are a few points to look out for there but sinkholes are not one of them. Naples is a beautiful place and once you visit here you'll understand why it is called a "paradise". I will be happy to show you around when you come in March and we can discuss your wants and dislikes as well as the pros and cons. As to traffic, we have "season" and "non-season". During "season" (from around October to April) there are a lot of tourists from the North of the US, Canada, and Europe where the weather is most uncompromising. They are usually concentrated in the downtown area which is very popular. At that time traffic reflects the unfamiliarity the visitors encounter. After "season" it goes back to normalcy and driving would be pleasant and enjoyable. Contact me if I can be of assistance. Trace Faulkner, IBR, 239-272-7818, naplestrace@gmail.com
Hi Charles,
I sell land and homes in Golden Gate Estates which may your best choice. You need someone who is experienced in that area, since there are many factors to consider including wetlands evaluation and home construction.
Traffic varies by location and time of year.
You are welcome to contact me or visit my website for an easy search.

Yours,
Mary Horesco
239-293-9434
Downing-Frye Realty, Inc.

"Voted #1 by Naples Daily News Readers 10 Years in a Row"
Web Reference: http://www.maryhoresco.com
May I suggest east Fort Myers, out in the Alva area or North Fort Myers. I would be happy to send you some listings.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
239-560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett.com
http://www.MargeBennett.com
Hi Charles,

I am also from the Tampa Bay area, and I am familiar with the sink hole issues that are common for New Port Richey and surrounding areas. I have a friend there, who's whole house was swallowed by a sink hole! Traffic here in Naples is nothing compared to the Tampa Bay area. Naples is known as the Crown Jewel of Florida. There is great opportunity here to purchase a home as you are describing. Also, real estate values here in Naples are on the rise and have gone up 17% over the last year and are projected to continue to rise. Naples is a great place to invest in a home. Golden Gate Estates is the area here that has the most available homes with acreage. Many of the homes are on 2 1/ acre lots. You can search for homes in Golden Gate Estates on our site. Just click the link.
http://www.theaprilandjimmyteam.listingbook.com

We would be happy to assist you with your relocation here to beautiful Naples. Please feel free to contact us any time. We would also like to offer you a free home warranty with the purchase of your new home. We are looking forward to speaking with you.

The April and Jimmy Team
Realty Direct
Jimmy 239-877-3194
April 239-384-4663
AprilandJimmy@RealtyDirect.com
Hi Charles.....In order to get acreage and your price range in Naples, you will need to look in the Golden Gate Estates area. I am not aware of any areas having problems with sink holes in Naples but additional research would need to be done to verify. I would be happy to send you some listings to give you an idea what is available in the Naples area fitting your criteria. You can contact me at 239-287-2013 or by email at judyher1@gmail.com. Judy Herrmann, Prudential Florida Realty
Charles,

The are you would want to look in is Golden Gate Estates, there are some great options under 300k. I grew up in the estates and have lived in SW Florida for 30 years, give me a call and I can send you over a custom list of homes and also give you my buyers tool kit to help in your search.

Scott Riddle
RE/MAX Affinty
239 289 1849
Hi Charles,

Sink holes are very prevelent in the Central part of the state. I honestly have never heard of any in Naples area but that is not to say it couldn't happen.

We have traffic. Of course there is more in the winter than in the warmer months. When we moved down in '03 it was a mess during the snowbird season but now that the roads have been widened I can get anywhere I need to in a very short time even with the winter traffic. If you think about it we only have January, February and March as our heaviest months.

As far as farmettes. We have an area called Golden Gate Estates that would serve your needs wonderfully. I have several homes under contract there that are well under $300K and have from 1.5 to 5 acres. Really nice properties and quite a selection.

I would love to help you find that perfect place in Paradise!
Lynn