Mcervania, Home Buyer in

Mountain Park Ranch vs Clemente Ranch?

Asked by Mcervania, Thu Jun 21, 2012

My husband and I are in a dilemma. We are trying to decide whether to live in Mountain Park Ranch (Estates of Summer Shadows) in Ahwatukee versus Clemente Ranch in Chandler? I am most concerned about re-sale in 5 years. In the long run, what will stay consistent as a "desirable" neighborhood? Thank you for any advice you can give us.

Answers

9
Both of these neighborhoods are great areas to live! I love the Ahwatukee area! Both of these neighborhoods will be impacted by the new Intel location going up so that will keep both of these neighborhoods desirable over the long term.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 21, 2012
Both Mountain Park Ranch and Clemente Ranch are beautiful communities. Clemente Ranch is in South Chandler while Ahwatukee is the southern most of the fifteen urban villages that comprise the city of Phoenix. Ahwatukee real estate communities are built among the foothills of South Mountain Park, around sparkling desert lakes and along the fairways of several golf courses. Clemente Ranch is built on what was once the flat cotton and hay fields of South Chandler. This is not a bad thing as we find that our clients either really like being in the foothills of Ahwatukee or they definitely prefer the flat former agricultural lands of South Chandler. There is usually no middle ground. They either love one or the other.
Thank you for the all the wonderful answers! I guess describing the dilemma, in more specifics, could help in honing in on what is best for our decision. We have been waiting on the house in Ahwatukee for almost 7 months now since it is a short sale. The house is large with a straight forward floor plan. It does not back into the mountain, but it is only one block away, so there are gorgeous views from all the second floor windows. On the other hand, the house in Chandler is gorgeous, inside and out, and it backs into a green space. The thing that concerns me about this house is that there is a huge bonus room upstairs with great views but, in my opinion, the master bedroom, master bath, and all the other bedrooms upstairs are either small and/or not well situated. It seems that we may have to re-do the upstairs in future to have it make sense. With that in mind, it is already $60,000 more than the Ahwautukee house (low to mid $400K versus mid $300), and one of the most expensive house in the area. I am not sure we would get our money back if we put anything into it. We have been going back and forth...
I really believe that both with continue to be desirable. Mtn Park Ranch is right there by the foothills so it really has a completely different terrain that Clemente Ranch in the Ocotillo area of south Chandler. I have lived in the Ocotillo area for 4 years and really like it but I use to live in Ahwatukee and loved it too. I hiked alot then and there's tons of hiking & biking trails on South Mountain.

For Summer Shadows, I went back a year for comps and nothing has closed within the past year. Only 1 in the past 2 years and only 1 active listing, so not alot of sales so that's a solid community in other words, not alot of movement. Those homes were built in 1989.

Clemente Ranch, there are currently 4 active listings as of today and 96 have closed in the past year alone. It's a great location to the 101 and 202 freeways and Intel, a major Chandler employer, which I think is a huge attraction along with the area. These homes were built in the mid to late 90's.

Buy the home primarily because you like a certain area and will enjoy it for the 5 years you plan to live there. I'm sure your future buyer will like either location.

All the best!
Both areas are desirable neighborhoods. While some people may prefer Mountain Park Ranch, others will prefer Clemente Ranch. It will also depend upon the home. If you purchase a home that has a floorplan that many people won't like or the home backs up to something undesirable, this could impact your resale far more that which subdivision since they are both "desirable" areas.

If you need assistance finding a home, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
Ron: 602-499-0694

** Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley" **

Search the official FlexMLS like Realtors do through our website for FREE:
http://www.CunninghamHomesAZ.com
Mountain Park Ranch is master planned . It is part if the Ahwatukee Foothills community . I have been selling the S/E Valley for 27 years . More buyers ask specifically for Mountain Park Ranch . It's attributes are ; its 4 beautiful parks with sport courts , play grounds, picnic areas and a year round heated pool , short distances to City of Phx South Mtn Parks and trails ( hikers & bikers prefer this location) local public transportation ( Circulator buses) proximity to freeways , neighborhood continuity, traditional holiday family events , preferred shopping , its higher elevation for SPACTACULAR VIEWS ( when it rains for 3 days the water is running down hill ) and so much more .
All of my Real Estate investments are in the Ahwatukee Foothills . My daughters house , her most important investment, is in Mtn Park Ranch .
Pam Eagan
Realty Executives
Assoc Broker

VOTED
Best Agent in the Valley
Az Foothills Magazine
2011 & 2012
I happen to own properties on both, Ahwatukee and Chandler, and specialize in those areas. As mentioned before desirability is very subjective, but in general areas with good schools and low crime tend to be very desirable.

In my personal opinion both communities are very good options. Check what is around each one, and the potential listings available on each, to determine which one might be the best option for you. If you need any type of assistance I will gladly help you.

Carlos J Ramírez, PC
Broker/Realtor, ABR, CNE
Certified Negotiation Expert
602-512-5825 direct
602-749-6327 fax
http://www.SmartAZRealty.com
In the long run, what stays consistent as a "desirable" neighborhood is its location including:

-- Its surrounding environment, neighborhoods, clean and well maintained;
-- Performance of nearby schools;
-- Easiness to commute, nearby amenities;
-- Safe streets, low crime rate.

These are in general terms, for some people may have own priorities.

Daniel Shi
dshi@sogorealty.com
1.888.785.8818 ext.100
http://SoGoRealty.com
As a buyer you need to determine what is important to you. What is considered desirable is very subjective. Are you working with a Real Estate Professional? If you are, ask them to provide you with the buyer advisory. It is a great tool to allow buyers to find out about the area's by checking into important information that will assist them in determining which area they like.

I would also suggest driving around both area's. Talking with the neighbors when they are outside and ask them.

If you are not working with an agent yet, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the home buying process and assist you and your husband in this process.

Debbie Nieman
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239

http://www.diverdebi.com

diverdebi@cox.net