Home Buying in Danville>Question Details

Brandon Lecl…, Home Buyer in Danville, CA

Most affordable part of town?

Asked by Brandon Leclere, Danville, CA Wed Oct 9, 2013

What would be the least expensive area in Danville to purchase a home or town home?

Brandon, I would like to add that there have been some PUD (townhome style) properties listed for sale in Danville, CA, on the East side of town, that are county designated Below Market Rate housing units. Willow at Alamo Creek - built in 2007 - is one such neighborhood that has some homes that are deed restricted BMR units, and thus are priced below the area median. The most recent BMR sale in this neighborhood was: 45 Channi Ct. (94506) for $519,556, closed on 9/9/2013. There are no active listings in this subdivision at present. I am assuming that you are familiar with BMR housing, but in case not, there are income restrictions based upon family size that is set for the area and deed restrictions that limit the price and other terms of resale of the property.

If you think that this might be an option for you, you can find out more information from the following:

1. Contra Costa Department of Conservation and Development - (855) 323-2626

2.Tri-Valley Housing Opportunity Center - (925) 373-3130

Feel free to call me with questions!

Arturo Shivers, A.B.R., S.F.R. | BRE Lic. 01779941
Keller Williams Realty Inc. (MC#308, Northern California/Hawaii Region)
760 Camino Ramon, Suite 200
Danville, CA, 94526
Office: (925) 855-8333 ext. 272
eFax: (925) 226-1430
Mobile: (415) 871-4239

Visit me online at http://www.ArturoShivers.com

NAR, CAR, CCAR Realtor® member in good standing since 2007
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 11, 2013
Hello Brandon,

Historically, the most affordable area in Danville used to be Cameo Acres, which is fairly central, just a few minutes drive to downtown. These are among the oldest homes here, originally small ranchers, but I haven't seen many listed for sale at low prices for a while. Many people have bought run down homes here and remodeled them considerably so we may not see many low priced ones for a while.
The other area that springs to mind is California Chateau / Danville Ranch. These are definitely more affordable than most homes here. Location is very close to the Danville / San Ramon border, just off San Ramon Valley Boulevard.
Inventory is very low here right now, incidentally, but there are definite signs of improvement.
All The Best
Bernard Gibbons
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Hi Brandon,

The following list of Active Condo and Townhome properties will provide you with a feel for the market in Danville.... warning……… "TN to CA sticker shock" ahead!

See http://maxebrdi.paragonrels.com/publink/default.aspx?GUID=a4…

Will you be transferring your current Company job to CA or starting a new job. If it will be a new employer it's important to stay in the same line of work/industry for lending purposes. Here’s another key detail to keep in mind when you are ready to act on your move: When it comes to "financial vetting" there are different levels of quality. There are key differences between a "Pre-Qualification", "Pre-Approval" and what I call a "True Pre-Approval", which you should seek, see: http://www.Steven-Anthony.com/GettingStarted

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Hi Brandon
Town homes will be alot more affordable. On the west side, they are older but the newer ones which I think are very nice are Shadowhawk, behind the Tassajara shopping center
My email address is sue@suesmithrealtor.com so let me know if you would like to sign up for email updates or just be sent links to them

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Hi Brandon,

The West end tends to be older ranchers on nice size lots and more expensive. There are newer developments in the East part that tend to be less expensive. I can put you on a customized search if you have a price point in mind. There are also townhouses and condos in Danville if the price of a single family is too high.

Suzanne Looker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Hi there Brandon, Have you been pre-qualified for a loan in California? I am a California lender and I have done plenty of loans throughout the state including FHA, Conventional, VA, etc. I would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com